It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Could BuildForge run RQM test cases?

Timur Markunin (6495165145) | asked Jul 14 '10, 3:19 p.m.
Hello,

Is it possible to run RQM test cases (that are linked to RFT and RPT scripts via adapters) using BuildForge?

The idea is to include testing phase into night build and display results in RQM.

-Thanks in advance

One answer

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Jul 15 '10, 2:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

Is it possible to run RQM test cases (that are linked to RFT and RPT scripts via adapters) using BuildForge?

The idea is to include testing phase into night build and display results in RQM.

-Thanks in advance

Hi,

I'm not sure how far you've gotten into the integration, but if you're just starting I would suggest checking out a few of these links. The first is the documentation for the initial configuration of the integration between RQM and Build Forge.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rqmhelp/v2r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.rational.test.lm.doc/topics/t_lm_intbf.html

The second area to look at I'm not able to get a direct link, but if you click on the first one it will take you to the documentation. From there if you follow this trail of twisties in the left frame:

Testing -> Managing lab resources -> Creating and viewing lab resources -> Running scripts on remote lab computers

The document starts with this text:

Running scripts on remote lab resources
You must be integrated with external provider applications that have automation capability (for example, IBM Rational Build Forge or IBM Tivoli products such as Tivoli Provisioning Manager), to run scripts, projects, or libraries that are configured in the external provider applications on remote lab resources that are available in the external systems.

I noticed that you also posted in the RQM forum on jazz.net which is a great idea. I would keep checking there for additional information.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.