It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Default Time Zone

Jonas Gryder (11663) | asked Sep 22 '10, 2:17 p.m.
I'm probably going top kick myself for not being able to find this on my own, but how does one change the default time zone for new users?

Also, does BF automatically switch for daylight savings time? If I set the users time to Eastern Daylight time now, will it automatically change to Eastern Standard time when the clocks fall back?

Thanks,
Jonas

2 answers

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Sep 23 '10, 3:48 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm probably going top kick myself for not being able to find this on my own, but how does one change the default time zone for new users?

Also, does BF automatically switch for daylight savings time? If I set the users time to Eastern Daylight time now, will it automatically change to Eastern Standard time when the clocks fall back?

Thanks,
Jonas

Hi Jonas,

A user's time zone can be changed by navigating to Administration -> Users, and then under the 'Name:' is a select box for 'Time Zone:'. I'm assuming that you are using 7.1.1.4. If that is the case, the system will not automatically change to Eastern Standard time.

bju

permanent link
Jonas Gryder (11663) | answered Nov 23 '10, 1:37 p.m.

Thanks,
Jonas

Hi Jonas,

A user's time zone can be changed by navigating to Administration -> Users, and then under the 'Name:' is a select box for 'Time Zone:'. I'm assuming that you are using 7.1.1.4. If that is the case, the system will not automatically change to Eastern Standard time.

bju

Thanks, I know how to change the user's time zone once the user is created, the question is how to change the default. According to the documentation, "The root user's time zone is the default time zone of the Management Console. The time zone for other users, both in-system and LDAP users, is taken from the root user's time zone by default. Users can set their own time zone after logging in once. All times and logs reported in the system are expressed in the user's time zone."

Root is set to EST, yet new users are defaulting to CST.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.