It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Create Text Field in Test Case/ Test Plan records

Arnold Cruz (16414031) | asked Sep 11 '10, 12:09 p.m.
Currently we are on RQM 2.0.0.1 iFix 02. We currently need to create a text field in the Test Case and Test Plan records. We know how to create a test plan/test case categories but that requires a drop down list. We just want to create a free form text field on these records in RQM. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

-Arnold

One answer

permanent link
Kurtis Martin (1.4k11) | answered Sep 11 '10, 10:18 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm unaware of a way to do this in 2.0.0.1. The only thing that comes to mind is a custom section, which would be done under Planning->Manage Templates. You could create section that contains a Rich Text Field. Although I can't recall exactly what release custom sections were added.

However, I know this is available in RQM 3.0. You can add custom attributes such as a text field to various artifacts. The values in the field also show up in the table list views and allow sorting and filtering. Here's a link to the work item that defined this RQM 3.0 feature:

https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=31308

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.