It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Getting "Invalid database URL syntax" message

Erich Wolz (1622711) | asked Sep 08 '10, 5:10 p.m.
I'm trying to run "repotools.sh -createTables" on a server configured as follows:

AIX: 6100-02-03-0909
DB2: v9.5.0.6
WAS: 7.0.0.11
RTC: RTCpower-Standard-Full-2.0.0.2iFix1-AIX64

I specified an 8K page size, per http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rtc/v2r0m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/c_plan_database_db2.html

I also edited the com.ibm.team.repository.db.jdbc.location line for my server/port/database/userid, per http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rtc/v2r0m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_s_server_installation_setup_db2.html (and can connect to the empty database using native DB2 commands).

I should note that if I specify the line using the template line as an example (i.e. a colon immediately preceding the "user=" keyword in "com.ibm.team.repository.db.jdbc.location=//localhost:50000/JAZZ:user=db2admin;password={password};") I get:

CRJAZ0503I Failed to connect to the database: " Connection authorization failure occurred. Reason: Security mechanism not supported. ERRORCODE=-4214, SQLSTATE=28000"
Db Name/Location: "//houaxpcm02.houston.ibm.com:60004/JAZZ:user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx;"
CRJAZ1093I Service class "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService" failed to activate.
CRJAZ1141I Failed to get the service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.IDatabaseStateService".
CRJAZ1203I Could not determine the database location.
CRJAZ1306I The service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.IDatabaseStateService" is not available.
Creating the tables for the database "//houaxpcm02.houston.ibm.com:60004/JAZZ:user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx;" with indices.
CRJAZ1141I Failed to get the service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.IDatabaseCreationService".
CRJAZ1309I The database connectivity service is not ready.
The database tables were not created.

but when I change the colon to a semicolon I get:

CRJAZ0503I Failed to connect to the database: " Invalid database URL syntax: jdbc:db2://houaxpcm02.houston.ibm.com:60004/JAZZ;user=rtc01;password=********;. ERRORCODE=-4461, SQLSTATE=42815"
Db Name/Location: "//houaxpcm02.houston.ibm.com:60004/JAZZ;user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx;"
CRJAZ1093I Service class "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService" failed to activate.
CRJAZ1141I Failed to get the service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.IDatabaseStateService".
CRJAZ1203I Could not determine the database location.
CRJAZ1306I The service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.IDatabaseStateService" is not available.
Creating the tables for the database "//houaxpcm02.houston.ibm.com:60004/JAZZ;user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx;" with indices.
CRJAZ1141I Failed to get the service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.IDatabaseCreationService".
CRJAZ1309I The database connectivity service is not ready.
The database tables were not created.

What *is* the database URL syntax, if not
"//server:port/database:user=username;password={password};"

or perhaps
"//server:port/database;user=username;password={password};"

2 answers

permanent link
Erich Wolz (1622711) | answered Sep 09 '10, 3:09 p.m.
What *is* the database URL syntax, if not

or perhaps
"//server:port/database;
user=username;password={password};"

Turns out, it is the former, i.e.

The "Connection authorization failure occurred. Reason: Security mechanism not supported. ERRORCODE=-4214, SQLSTATE=28000" message was because my database manager authentication was set to DATA_ENCRYPT instead of SERVER.

Also, the instance owner's stanza in /etc/security/user CANNOT contain "login = false" (otherwise one will get a "Connection authorization failure occurred. Reason: User ID revoked. ERRORCODE=-4214, SQLSTATE=28000" message).

Finally, the com.ibm.team.repository.db.db2.content.tablespace.location stanza in teamserver.properties needs to be set to a full path -- not "com.ibm.team.repository.db.db2.content.tablespace.location=content_tablespace" like it was in the default teamserver.properties file.

Thanks to David Mehaffy for his help!

permanent link
Paul Ellis (1.3k613) | answered Jul 29 '11, 9:12 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It is possible to get DB2 with CLM to support this by appending the properties to the JDBC connection URL.

To use DATA_ENCRYPT you need to update your db2 instance configuration and set AUTHENTICATION=DATA_ENCRYPT.

After setting up DB2 you have to update the application that connects to it - you have to add securityMechanism=13 to the JDBC connection URL in the (Jazz Team Server\server\conf\jts\) teamserver.properties file

The error can be due to the lack of this setting as much as any URL misconfigurations.

This error message has also been seen accompanied with:
CRJAZ0503I The server was unable to connect

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.