It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Questions on the RQM usage

T M (8876188143) | asked Aug 30 '10, 5:22 a.m.
Questions on the RQM usage:

- When assigning test cases to a test suite we have the choice of filtering test cases based on categories. Can we have the similar feature when running a test suite to filter test cases based on categories (e.g., team and the priority categories)?

- Is the user id of the test case execution is preserved? That means, is there a way for us to know who executed a test case? If not preserved, can we add a category (that will have the user id detail) to the test execution results?

- How to see the list of test suites for a given test case that are attached to it? That is, when I open a test case I need to see to which all test suites it belongs to.

Can any one please share your thoughts on these?

Thanks!

4 answers

permanent link
Kurtis Martin (1.4k11) | answered Aug 30 '10, 6:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
1) I'm unaware of a way to filter test cases on the test suite run dialog. Consider opening an Enhancement Request. Also, be clear whether the filtering you are asking for means that you expect only test cases within the specified categories to run. Currently all test cases in the test suite are executed, regardless of what's selected on the run test suite dialog.

2) The "Owner" field of the Test Case Result can be used to see who executed the test case. Unfortunately, this field can't be shown in the table of Test Case Results but it is shown if you actually open the result. I've created some bug reports (38032 and 38033) to get this added to the table list views.

3) Before RQM 3.0 I don't believe there is a way to show which suites a test cases belongs to. But RQM 3.0 added a "Related Test Suites" link section on the right hand side, that displays this information when you are viewing a test case. Just below the "Parent Test Plan" links shown for a test case.

permanent link
T M (8876188143) | answered Sep 02 '10, 12:04 p.m.
Hi,

I need some customized reports in RQM. So I have built some BIRT reports using RTC eclipse client pulling some RQM data data from the Jazz repository. I have moved them BIRT reports to the Reports section of the RQM project area and it appears in RQM web client. Is this the right way going forward for reporting? Will someone please let me know.

Thanks!

permanent link
T M (8876188143) | answered Sep 02 '10, 12:05 p.m.
Hi,

I need some customized reports in RQM. So I have built some BIRT reports using RTC eclipse client pulling some RQM data data from the Jazz repository. I have moved them BIRT reports to the Reports section of the RQM project area and it appears in RQM web client. Is this the right way going forward for reporting? Will someone please let me know.

Thanks!

permanent link
T M (8876188143) | answered Sep 02 '10, 12:05 p.m.
Hi,

Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.