It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTCz V3 M7a - bfagent versus Build Engine

Donald Poulin (2249119107) | asked Aug 19 '10, 9:35 a.m.
I currently have an M7a environment setup on a z/OS mainframe and am running the bfagent (startbfa.sh) and executing builds. There is a member in the samplib (BLZBENG) for starting the build engine. I have been thru the docs and am still not clear on why I would run one versus the other - or - if I can run both at the same time - and - if I run both what are the advantages/dis-advantages.

Clarification would be greatly appreciated (maybe a system/compoent diagram would be helpful)

One answer

permanent link
Guy Slade (64158) | answered Aug 19 '10, 1:04 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I currently have an M7a environment setup on a z/OS mainframe and am running the bfagent (startbfa.sh) and executing builds. There is a member in the samplib (BLZBENG) for starting the build engine. I have been thru the docs and am still not clear on why I would run one versus the other - or - if I can run both at the same time - and - if I run both what are the advantages/dis-advantages.

Clarification would be greatly appreciated (maybe a system/compoent diagram would be helpful)

startbfa.sh will start the build forge agent on the z machine
BLZBENG starts the jazz build engine

The build forge agent is what is used for building z artifacts.
The jazz build engine can not build z based artifacts. The jazz build engine is what is used my may of the rtc build examples ....building java apss etc
Guy

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.