It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Work item template does not work

James Labrie (18123818) | asked Aug 13 '10, 3:31 a.m.
Hi

I created a work item template and created a work item from the template.
But the attributes "Planned For" and "Estimate" did not have the value specified in the template.
Is this bug? or is there a way to make "Planned For" and "Estimate" have same value as template?

James

6 answers

permanent link
Jan Wloka (4161) | answered Aug 13 '10, 11:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello James,

which version of RTC are you using?

Regards,
Jan.

--
Jan Wloka
Jazz Tracking & Planing Team

Hi

I created a work item template and created a work item from the template.
But the attributes "Planned For" and "Estimate" did not have the value specified in the template.
Is this bug? or is there a way to make "Planned For" and "Estimate" have same value as template?

James

permanent link
James Labrie (18123818) | answered Aug 16 '10, 10:47 a.m.
Hi Jan

The version is 2.0.0.2iFix2.

Regards
James

permanent link
Jan Wloka (4161) | answered Aug 16 '10, 12:07 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello James,

in RTC2.0.0.x we provide only very limited support for workitem templates. IRC 'planned for' should be supported but 'estimate' is not. All unsupported attributes are simply ignored.

Full support for all workitem attributes in templates is provided in RTC3.0.

HTH,
Jan.

Hi Jan

Regards
James

permanent link
James Labrie (18123818) | answered Aug 18 '10, 11:09 p.m.
Hello James,

in RTC2.0.0.x we provide only very limited support for workitem templates. IRC 'planned for' should be supported but 'estimate' is not. All unsupported attributes are simply ignored.

HTH,
Jan.

Hi Jan

Regards
James

Hi Jan

Thank you for your answer.

Regards
James

permanent link
Angelo Giampa (3188) | answered Oct 26 '10, 3:25 p.m.
Hi,

Thanks for posting on this subject. You say below that "Planned For" attribute is supported however it isn't working for me (using RTC 2.0.0.2 iFix1) that is, the work items are created with the attribute at unassigned while the "Filed against" retains the value from the template. Any ideas?

Hello James,

HTH,
Jan.

Hi Jan

Regards
James

permanent link
Oliver Vinn (261) | answered Dec 03 '10, 5:11 p.m.
Hi,

I'm using RTC 3.0 and I don't see any enhancements over RTC 2.0.x in the respect of work item templates.

Is this 'limited' to editing the resultant xml description - If so can you please direct me to documentation detailing what is supported and how?

Thanks.

Hello James,

HTH,
Jan.

Hi Jan

Regards
James

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.