It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

One dashboard for multiple project areas, is it possible?

Lila Aravopoulos (11166) | asked Nov 07 '11, 7:00 a.m.
Hi,

I have 4 project areas on the same jazz server. I like to have one dashboard that has viewlets pulling data from these 4 project areas. Is this possible in RTC 3.0.1? One viewlet can be specific to one project area (although having viewlets with combined data will also be helpful).

Right now I only see and modify one project area dashboard with viewlets specific to that project area.

Any idea anyone?

Thanks
Leyla

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Nov 07 '11, 7:36 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

you can have a dashboard that shows viewlets for several project areas. A dashboard for a specific project area could also contain viewlets that display data from other project areas. This is typically specified in the viewlet scope.

However, the viewlets and especially the queries used are typically restricted to collect data from only one project area. The reason is, we don't have cross project area querying and the project areas could have completely different processes. You could look into Rational Reporting for Developer Intelligence if you can create content that spans project areas. You should be able to add those reports to the dashboards too.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.