It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Accessing Environments and other links from Buildforge RAD plug-in

A B (1144) | asked May 25 '13, 7:05 a.m.

I have installed the buildforge plug-in for RAD 8.5 and from there I am able to access the projects that I have access to, submit them and look at the output step by step

So, the questions I have

1. I also have access to modify the projects and environments etc. when logging on to the buildforge web-ui.  How can I access the same functionality from the RAD plug-in?
  2. Is there a way to get the complete log as a text file, rather than having to click and view each step's output - either from plug-in or web-ui?

Thank you

One answer

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered May 30 '13, 8:19 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Is this the prism plugin for Eclipse?  That plugin only allows for starting a build, it provides no access to editing projects or environments.

There isn't any built-in way to get all the compiled logs in one text file.

~Spencer

Comments
A B commented May 30 '13, 8:29 a.m.

Thanks for the response.  Yes, it is the prism plug-in for eclipse.  Is there other mechanism / plug-in that would allow editing of projects and environments from RAD? 

If there is no built-in way to get the logs in one text file, does anyone know how it can be achieved?

Thanks

Spencer Murata commented Jun 10 '13, 1:00 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You would have to write one yourself.  I don't think there is anything out there that does what you describe, but something certainly could be written to use the BF API to get done what you describe.  Same for the consolidation of the steps logs into a text file.  That is definitely achieveable through the API.

~Spencer 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.