It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Query to test state of all the children

Steve Willems (8811311) | asked Jul 30 '10, 8:59 a.m.
Hello,

I would like to make a query that return all work items that have no more children in progress.
I don't manage to do this since the query returns me a result whenever one resolved child exists.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Jul 31 '10, 9:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Steve,

I tried something similar in the past and failed. I tried several approaches myself but with no success. I don't think the query language supports those types of queries today. I was told in other products queries like those are often added using SQL.

If I am not the only one we could create an enhancement request. I think it would be good if queries like "show work items that hold: if some kind of multiple data (e.g. a link) exists: for all the data some clause holds" could be supported.

Ralph

Hello,

I would like to make a query that return all work items that have no more children in progress.
I don't manage to do this since the query returns me a result whenever one resolved child exists.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

permanent link
Steve Willems (8811311) | answered Aug 02 '10, 6:27 a.m.
Hi Ralf,

I just created an enhancement request.
I added you to the subscribers' list.

Hope still that somewone in the meanwile can find a solution.

Regards

permanent link
Nate Decker (37814761) | answered Jul 03 '14, 10:31 a.m.

I had this issue and am trying to aggregate all of the other enhancement requests and forum postings asking for the same thing. Please subscribe to https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=165456.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.