It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

M5a - Unable to connect to LDAP registry server

Pravesh Patel (37612615) | asked Mar 17 '08, 9:50 a.m.
I get the following message in both the Tomcat and WAS logs when trying to connect to bluepages.

ERROR ory.service.internal.userregistry.LDAPUserRegistry - Unable to connect to the LDAP registry server. Verify the server application is configured properly and that the LDAP server is reachable

Here is the registry location as specified in my teamserver.properties file:

com.ibm.team.repository.ldap.registryLocation=ldap\://bluepages.ibm.com\:389

I've verified that I can ping the machine by name, and I can telnet to the machine on port 389. I also validated that the user credentials specified in the teamserver.properties are valid. I've tried this configuration from 2 different machines with the same result.

Has anyone else seen this error?

2 answers

permanent link
Pravesh Patel (37612615) | answered Mar 17 '08, 4:53 p.m.
Found the solution... For any IBMers trying to use bluepages to import users, do not provide values for the following attributes in teamserver.properties, leave them blank:

com.ibm.team.repository.ldap.registryUserName=
com.ibm.team.repository.ldap.registryPassword=

Providing a value for these two attributes was causing the error. Simply removing the values resolved the problem.

permanent link
David Ward (8311214) | answered Mar 18 '08, 1:33 p.m.
Thanks .. that's good information

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.