It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Restrict workitem to prevent access to more than 2 folders

Vivek Pandey (1011211) | asked Jul 25 '10, 5:45 a.m.
Hi,

Can I restrict user from changing files from 2 different root folders under same workitem.

i.e. for structure like below:
RTC_Comp
folder 1
folder 2

while using Workitem W1 , if user tries to modify files from both the folders i.e. folder 1 and folder 2 , it should display an warning message , or in best case restrict user to do so.

4 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.2k33646) | answered Jul 25 '10, 3:27 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

this is currently not a precondition that is part of the product as far as I know. You could however potentially create such an extension.

Ralph

Hi,

Can I restrict user from changing files from 2 different root folders under same workitem.

RTC_Comp
folder 1
folder 2

while using Workitem W1 , if user tries to modify files from both the folders i.e. folder 1 and folder 2 , it should display an warning message , or in best case restrict user to do so.

permanent link
Vivek Pandey (1011211) | answered Jul 26 '10, 12:41 a.m.
Hi Ralph,

Can you please give some details about the extension you suggested. I'm not familiar enough with extenstios.

Hi,

this is currently not a precondition that is part of the product as far as I know. You could however potentially create such an extension.

Ralph

Hi,

RTC_Comp
folder 1
folder 2

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.2k33646) | answered Jul 26 '10, 2:03 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Vivek,

you can find information in the SDK http://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RtcSdk20.
What you would try to do is writing a process precondition that would run on the server and check the condition. Here is how you can do that: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RTCSDK20_ProcessPreConditionExample. There could be other examples in the WiKi too that are closer to what you want. I remember I saw an example by Geoff Clemm you could try to search for.

Ralph

This forum is for discussions about that topic: http://jazz.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=2.

I

Ralph

Hi Ralph,

Can you please give some details about the extension you suggested. I'm not familiar enough with extenstios.

Hi,

Ralph

Hi,

RTC_Comp
folder 1
folder 2

permanent link
Vivek Pandey (1011211) | answered Jul 26 '10, 8:07 a.m.
Thanks Ralph !

That should surely help !

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.