It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Burndown (etc) Charts using different complexity Attribute?

Florian Georg (19031918) | asked Nov 14 '11, 11:06 a.m.
It doesn't seem possible to configure all these nice Scrum-based web widgets (like Sprint Burndown) to use anything else than the hardwired "Story Points" complexity attribute.

Our customer want to use the RTC Scrum template "out of the box", but has introduceded "ideal man days" instead of "Story Points" . The downside is, that non of the web dashboard widgets seem to work now.

Isn't it possible for those widgets to use the configured "Complexity Attribute" instead of hardwired "Story Points" ?
Is there a "generic" Widget that can report against a different complexity attribute?

Thanks for any hints,
Florian

3 answers

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Nov 14 '11, 5:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
All the story point based reports do not hard code the use of story points. You can any custom attribute of type integer or string. In the case of string, the prefix of the value must be a number like (1.5 pts, 3 days)

The Burdown and Burnup reports do not use story points. They use Estimate and Time spent. those cannot be changed.

permanent link
Florian Georg (19031918) | answered Nov 15 '11, 11:03 a.m.
So, given that we want to use the complexity measure "Ideal Days" for Stories with type "Estimate" (e.g. shows Estimate and Correction in hours/days) instead of Story Points, it should work out of the box?
We added a new custom attribute for that, and abandoned the original "StoryPoints" attribute...

Currently we get no results displayed in our widgets....
Any ideas?

Comments
Millard Ellingsworth commented Jun 04 '12, 9:13 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Can you explain the customization done in a little more detail? And provide some version information? I was trying to reproduce your situation. I started by adding an IdealDays attribute to the Story Work Item Type, but do not see "Estimate" as an available type for the attribute (I'm using Eclipse 3.0.1.2).

permanent link
Christopher Ricci (9815) | answered Nov 15 '11, 12:42 p.m.
So, given that we want to use the complexity measure "Ideal Days" for Stories with type "Estimate" (e.g. shows Estimate and Correction in hours/days) instead of Story Points, it should work out of the box?
We added a new custom attribute for that, and abandoned the original "StoryPoints" attribute...

Currently we get no results displayed in our widgets....
Any ideas?

Did you change the complexity attribute in the Project Area Process Configuration?

You can do this under Project Configuration > Configuration Data > Planning > Plan Attributes

Comments
Michael Prentice commented Jun 04 '12, 4:46 p.m.

That is helpful, but I am using 3.0.1.2. Where can I find this setting with that release? I can't seem to find it at the location that many of these posts refer to. Thank you.

Millard Ellingsworth commented Jun 04 '12, 9:05 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Using the Eclipse client, Open the Project Area Editor, choose the Process Configuration tab. You should then be able to find the "path" indicated above (I'm looking at a 3.0.1.3 client which I doubt is much different than 3.0.1.2).

Andrew Codrington commented Jul 03 '12, 2:26 p.m.

I can find and set the complexity attribute as noted above, but I'm still seeing "Complexity Attribute Not Defined" in the out-of-box Iterations and Team views in my plans.

Is there something else to set?

I should note that this is a new project area, so there isn't any real data to present in the plan view yet if that matters.

(Using 3.0.1.2).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.