It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Creating an QuickFix solution for a resolution delegate

Jack Hall (3655) | asked Jul 21 '10, 3:42 p.m.
I have a client-side plugin that fires on a deliver. When the plugin detects that the current year is not in the copyright statement of the file it triggers its resolution delegate. In the Team Advisor tab it lists the problem with its description and then shows the solution for the problem I created. However when I click the link nothing happens, or at least I can't tell if anything happened. In the run method of the resolution delegate I have code that pulls in the files that are in error from iAdvisorInfo.getProblemObject() and makes changes to those files. I would like it to save these changes locally so that the user can simply click the solution and redeliver knowing the changes were made. How would I save these files locally? And how would I Debug this code? I currently know of no way to manual step though what happens during a deliver.

3 answers

permanent link
Jack Hall (3655) | answered Jul 22 '10, 5:17 p.m.
I figured out how to make the solution show up in the team advisor pane. However now the problem is getting the Resolution Delegate to run when the link is clicked.

I am using the Extension Point: com.ibm.team.client.advisorProblemResolutions
Its class element points to my delegate class and I use a custom problemType.

How do I get the ResolutionDelegate to automatically run when the precondition is triggered?

permanent link
Jared Burns (4.5k29) | answered Jul 28 '10, 3:10 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 21:22:58 +0000, jackdhall wrote:

I figured out how to make the solution show up in the team advisor pane.
However now the problem is getting the Resolution Delegate to run when
the link is clicked.

I am using the Extension Point:
com.ibm.team.client.advisorProblemResolutions Its class element points
to my delegate class and I use a custom problemType.

How do I get the ResolutionDelegate to automatically run when the
precondition is triggered?

Have you checked the Error Log view to see if anything is being written
there when your resolution is selected? Have you placed a breakpoint in
your run method to check if it's being invoked?

- Jared
----------------------------
Jazz Team Process

permanent link
Jack Hall (3655) | answered Aug 04 '10, 4:01 p.m.
I figured it out an posted the solution in response to another question I had asked. You can find the post here: http://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=39968#39968

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.