It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Automatical creation of defects in RQM from RFT scripts?

Timur Markunin (6495165145) | asked Jul 16 '10, 7:12 a.m.
Hello,

is t possible to automatically create defect in RQM if RFT script executed from RQM and hasfailed status?

-Thanks in advance

3 answers

permanent link
Homer Pope (15812225) | answered Jul 20 '10, 2:19 p.m.
Timur,
I dont believe this can be done. I think it was decision to have people first review the long then create a new defect from a failure or associate the failure with an existing defect.
Homer

Hello,

is t possible to automatically create defect in RQM if RFT script executed from RQM and hasfailed status?

-Thanks in advance

permanent link
Patrick Van Zandt (1.2k1) | answered Jul 20 '10, 11:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Timur,
I dont believe this can be done. I think it was decision to have people first review the long then create a new defect from a failure or associate the failure with an existing defect.
Homer

Hello,

-Thanks in advance

Agreed. Keep in mind that a failed test script (especially an automated test script) does not necessarily imply that you have uncovered a defect in the AUT. There could be a bug in the RFT script, the playback machine may have stopped responding, etc. The normal workflow would be to manually review the playback logs for any failed test scripts and then create a defect (or associate to an existing defect) as appropriate.

permanent link
Natsumi Yokoyama (209387101) | answered Aug 05 '13, 7:41 a.m.
edited Aug 05 '13, 7:43 a.m.

Hi

RQM 4.0.3 does not provid this feature? RQM does not have any plan to implement this feature?

I am agree with your comments "it was decision to have people first review the long then create a new defect from a failure or associate the failure with an existing defect".

In order to explain about this to my customer, I just need to know RQM's latest implementation.

Thank you in advance

Natsumi

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.