It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Management Console Session timeout

Raj K (10222225) | asked Jul 23 '10, 10:49 a.m.
Hi Guys,
I installed BF 7.1.1.4. I am wondering how the session timeout is set in BF. The management console keeps logging me out every 10 secs which is annoying.

I did make sure that Browser Javascript is enabled & cookies are enabled. ( on both firefox & IE it auto-logsout )

Thanks
RK :?:

3 answers

permanent link
David Brauneis (50611) | answered Jul 23 '10, 11:01 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
RK,

Do you happen to be using the same userid from some other place? For example: a program/script developed using the Build Forge Java or Perl Client APIs or another browser session?

Build Forge only allows a user to be logged in a single session at a time.

Regards,
David Brauneis

Hi Guys,
I installed BF 7.1.1.4. I am wondering how the session timeout is set in BF. The management console keeps logging me out every 10 secs which is annoying.

I did make sure that Browser Javascript is enabled & cookies are enabled. ( on both firefox & IE it auto-logsout )

Thanks

permanent link
Raj K (10222225) | answered Jul 23 '10, 11:06 a.m.
I don't. I just re-start my computer & also re-started Buildforge Server. But is there a session timeout defined in BF somewhere like in a CONF file or server.xml?

Thanks
- RK

RK,

Do you happen to be using the same userid from some other place? For example: a program/script developed using the Build Forge Java or Perl Client APIs or another browser session?

Build Forge only allows a user to be logged in a single session at a time.

Regards,
David Brauneis

Hi Guys,

Thanks

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Jul 23 '10, 11:28 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
One other thing to look at would be the 'Auto-Logoff Minutes' system configuration setting (navigate to Administration->System). The default is 0, which means the system will not attempt to auto logoff.

Another good thing to try that would rule out someone else trying to log in via the same ID (either manually or through API) would be to change the password for the user that keeps getting logged out.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.