It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem importing ClearCase VOB elements to RTC (2)

David Dulling (13731212) | asked Jul 14 '10, 5:32 a.m.
Further to my initial problem raised yesterday (Problem importing ClearCase VOB elements to RTC) I tried to import another, smaller component from ClearCase as I suspect my inital problem was related to the sheer number of files I was trying to import.

The import still showed as failed but with a different message (see below) and, interestingly enough, the files did appear in the component in the workspace.

The error message seems to imply that it was trying to register (cmregister command) a non-existent ClearQuest database. I'm not sure why it would have been trying to register with any database at all.

Hope someone can help

javax.wvcm.WvcmException: Failure while trying to execute crmregister command:

crmregister add -database SAMPL -connection sample_schema_repo -username admin -password *****

crmregister: Error: The ClearQuest connection sample_schema_repo for database SAMPL is not valid, please verify the connection name.
crmregister: Error: Unable to locate the ClearQuest database SAMPL in the known ClearQuest connections.

current working directory: V:\DO_NOT_USE_OpLogs_Test2_OptB_XCH_Int_bef8dfa6-b773-4dc9-89e7-87ab4316f63a
command result status: 1
command duration: 1359 ms
process environment:

at com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ri.impl.ResourceImpl.getProperty(ResourceImpl.java:463)
at com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ri.impl.ResourceImpl.getResourceIdentifier(ResourceImpl.java:432)
at com.ibm.rational.wvcm.interop.InteropStream.lookupClonePath(InteropStream.java:2070)
at com.ibm.rational.wvcm.interop.InteropStream.lookupClone(InteropStream.java:2031)
at com.ibm.rational.wvcm.interop.InteropStream.sendoverTasks(InteropStream.java:966)
at com.ibm.rational.wvcm.interop.InteropStream.sendoverOtherBaselines(InteropStream.java:896)
at com.ibm.rational.wvcm.interop.InteropStream.importBaseline(InteropStream.java:3112)
at com.ibm.rational.wvcm.interop.InteropStream.importStream(InteropStream.java:3170)
at com.ibm.rational.wvcm.interop.InteropStream.doOperation(InteropStream.java:3910)
at com.ibm.team.connector.scm.operations.ConnectorOps.synchronizeStream(ConnectorOps.java:209)
at com.ibm.team.connector.scm.cli.AbstractCcConnectorSubCommand.synchronizeStream(AbstractCcConnectorSubCommand.java:184)
at com.ibm.team.connector.scm.cli.SyncSubcommand.synchronizeStream(SyncSubcommand.java:112)
at com.ibm.team.connector.scm.cli.SyncSubcommand.run(SyncSubcommand.java:74)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.internal.SubcommandLauncher.run(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.internal.SubcommandLauncher.doStart(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.internal.SubcommandLauncher.run(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.internal.Application.start(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: javax.wvcm.WvcmException: Failure while trying to execute crmregister command:

crmregister add -database SAMPL -connection sample_schema_repo -username admin -password *****

crmregister: Error: The ClearQuest connection sample_schema_repo for database SAMPL is not valid, please verify the connection name.
crmregister: Error: Unable to locate the ClearQuest database SAMPL in the known ClearQuest connections.

current working directory: V:\DO_NOT_USE_OpLogs_Test2_OptB_XCH_Int_bef8dfa6-b773-4dc9-89e7-87ab4316f63a
process environment:

at com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ct.CommandResult.assertSuccessNonCT(CommandResult.java:361)
at com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ct.CommandProvider.executeCrmRegister(CommandProvider.java:774)
at com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ct.CommandProvider.executeCrmRegister(CommandProvider.java:743)
at com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ct.CCaseLib.getCQLoginInfo(CCaseLib.java:4857)
at com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ct.CCaseLib.getQueryStringForCQResource(CCaseLib.java:4930)
at com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ct.CQTask.getThisProperty(CQTask.java:38)
at com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ri.srvc.SrvcResource.readThisProperty(SrvcResource.java:856)
at com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ri.srvc.SrvcResource.readProperties(SrvcResource.java:808)
at com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ri.srvc.SrvcResource.buildProxy(SrvcResource.java:708)
at com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ri.srvc.SrvcResource.convertPropValueToClient(SrvcResource.java:1293)
at com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ri.srvc.SrvcResource.convertPropValueToClient(SrvcResource.java:1302)
at com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ri.srvc.SrvcResource.readThisProperty(SrvcResource.java:860)
at com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ri.srvc.SrvcResource.readProperties(SrvcResource.java:829)
at com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ri.srvc.SrvcResource.buildProxy(SrvcResource.java:693)
at com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ri.srvc.SrvcResource.doCompareReport(SrvcResource.java:1151)
at com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ri.impl.WvcmServiceConverter.doCompareReport(WvcmServiceConverter.java:1069)
at com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ri.impl.BaselineImpl.doCompareReport(BaselineImpl.java:243)
at com.ibm.rational.wvcm.interop.InteropStream.sendoverOtherBaselines(InteropStream.java:884)
... 23 more

4 answers

permanent link
David Dulling (13731212) | answered Jul 14 '10, 5:41 a.m.
I've just raised a defect work item on the RTC development site

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=121609

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jul 14 '10, 8:18 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
WRT the failure that went away when you imported a smaller number of
files, if you get a chance to submit a defect report, that would be
great. In particular, it would be useful if you could indicate in that
report what kind of machine you were using as a ccsync host, the fact
that you were running the RTC repository on the same host as your cc
repository, and how many files you were trying to import.

Note that we highly recommend that you not run your RTC repository on
the same machine that is hosting your ClearCase view or vob server,
because the synchronizer places heavy loads on both of those
repositories, and loading them both at the same time could cause the
kind of outage that you are seeing.

WRT the CQ issue, filing a work item as you did is the right approach.
We'll need support to help track down that issue for you.

Cheers,
Geoff

On 7/14/2010 5:36 AM, daviddulling wrote:
Further to my initial problem raised yesterday (Problem importing
ClearCase VOB elements to RTC) I tried to import another, smaller
component from ClearCase as I suspect my inital problem was related
to the sheer number of files I was trying to import.

The import still showed as failed but with a different message (see
below) and, interestingly enough, the files did appear in the
component in the workspace.

The error message seems to imply that it was trying to register
(cmregister command) a non-existent ClearQuest database. I'm not sure
why it would have been trying to register with any database at all.

Hope someone can help

javax.wvcm.WvcmException: Failure while trying to execute crmregister
command:

crmregister add -database SAMPL -connection sample_schema_repo
-username admin -password *****

crmregister: Error: The ClearQuest connection sample_schema_repo for
database SAMPL is not valid, please verify the connection name.
crmregister: Error: Unable to locate the ClearQuest database SAMPL in
the known ClearQuest connections.

current working directory:
V:\DO_NOT_USE_OpLogs_Test2_OptB_XCH_Int_bef8dfa6-b773-4dc9-89e7-87ab4316f63a
process environment:

at
com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ri.impl.ResourceImpl.getProperty(ResourceImpl.java:463)
at
com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ri.impl.ResourceImpl.getResourceIdentifier(ResourceImpl.java:432)
at
com.ibm.rational.wvcm.interop.InteropStream.lookupClonePath(InteropStream.java:2070)
at
com.ibm.rational.wvcm.interop.InteropStream.lookupClone(InteropStream.java:2031)
at
com.ibm.rational.wvcm.interop.InteropStream.sendoverTasks(InteropStream.java:966)
at
com.ibm.rational.wvcm.interop.InteropStream.sendoverOtherBaselines(InteropStream.java:896)
at
com.ibm.rational.wvcm.interop.InteropStream.importBaseline(InteropStream.java:3112)
at
com.ibm.rational.wvcm.interop.InteropStream.importStream(InteropStream.java:3170)
at
com.ibm.rational.wvcm.interop.InteropStream.doOperation(InteropStream.java:3910)
at
com.ibm.team.connector.scm.operations.ConnectorOps.synchronizeStream(ConnectorOps.java:209)
at
com.ibm.team.connector.scm.cli.AbstractCcConnectorSubCommand.synchronizeStream(AbstractCcConnectorSubCommand.java:184)
at
com.ibm.team.connector.scm.cli.SyncSubcommand.synchronizeStream(SyncSubcommand.java:112)
at
com.ibm.team.connector.scm.cli.SyncSubcommand.run(SyncSubcommand.java:74)
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.internal.SubcommandLauncher.run(Unknown
Source)
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.internal.SubcommandLauncher.doStart(Unknown
Source)
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.internal.SubcommandLauncher.run(Unknown
Source)
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.internal.Application.start(Unknown
Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(Unknown
Source)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(Unknown
Source)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(Unknown
Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(Unknown
Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(Unknown
Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: javax.wvcm.WvcmException: Failure while trying to execute
crmregister command:

crmregister add -database SAMPL -connection sample_schema_repo
-username admin -password *****

crmregister: Error: The ClearQuest connection sample_schema_repo for
database SAMPL is not valid, please verify the connection name.
crmregister: Error: Unable to locate the ClearQuest database SAMPL in
the known ClearQuest connections.

current working directory:
V:\DO_NOT_USE_OpLogs_Test2_OptB_XCH_Int_bef8dfa6-b773-4dc9-89e7-87ab4316f63a
process environment:

at
com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ct.CommandResult.assertSuccessNonCT(CommandResult.java:361)
at
com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ct.CommandProvider.executeCrmRegister(CommandProvider.java:774)
at
com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ct.CommandProvider.executeCrmRegister(CommandProvider.java:743)
at
com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ct.CCaseLib.getCQLoginInfo(CCaseLib.java:4857)
at
com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ct.CCaseLib.getQueryStringForCQResource(CCaseLib.java:4930)
at com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ct.CQTask.getThisProperty(CQTask.java:38)
at
com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ri.srvc.SrvcResource.readThisProperty(SrvcResource.java:856)
at
com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ri.srvc.SrvcResource.readProperties(SrvcResource.java:808)
at
com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ri.srvc.SrvcResource.buildProxy(SrvcResource.java:708)
at
com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ri.srvc.SrvcResource.convertPropValueToClient(SrvcResource.java:1293)
at
com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ri.srvc.SrvcResource.convertPropValueToClient(SrvcResource.java:1302)
at
com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ri.srvc.SrvcResource.readThisProperty(SrvcResource.java:860)
at
com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ri.srvc.SrvcResource.readProperties(SrvcResource.java:829)
at
com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ri.srvc.SrvcResource.buildProxy(SrvcResource.java:693)
at
com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ri.srvc.SrvcResource.doCompareReport(SrvcResource.java:1151)
at
com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ri.impl.WvcmServiceConverter.doCompareReport(WvcmServiceConverter.java:1069)
at
com.ibm.rational.wvcm.ri.impl.BaselineImpl.doCompareReport(BaselineImpl.java:243)
at
com.ibm.rational.wvcm.interop.InteropStream.sendoverOtherBaselines(InteropStream.java:884)
... 23 more

permanent link
David Dulling (13731212) | answered Jul 15 '10, 4:16 a.m.
After a little more research I've probably found out what the ClearQuest error message relates to. For a synchronisation to a UCM controlled stream, you have to define ClearQuest connection information in the Sychronised Stream properties so I'm looking at this now.

The thing is, I was performing an import with history not a sync so I'm still a little confused

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jul 15 '10, 11:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
An "import with history" is under the hood just a series of
"synchronize" requests, so you need to specify all the synchronization
parameters. But that does make the wizard terminology confusing in
places ... we'll probably get rid of the term "import" in the future,
and just call it "synchronize with history".

Cheers,
Geoff

On 7/15/2010 4:23 AM, daviddulling wrote:
After a little more research I've probably found out what the
ClearQuest error message relates to. For a synchronisation to a UCM
controlled stream, you have to define ClearQuest connection
information in the Sychronised Stream properties so I'm looking at
this now.

The thing is, I was performing an import with history not a sync so
I'm still a little confused

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.