It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Changing Text Direction - Left to Right

Eyal Azran (112) | asked Jul 13 '10, 12:37 p.m.
Hello everyone,

We have just started examining RTC 2.0.0.2.

Is there a way to change the text direction (reading order) of the content to be right to left?

I'm not interested in changing the locale of the project, just changing the direction of text in the fields so that it is dispalyed correctly.

I found this post:
http://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7304
But it is discussing the same thing in RQM

We have developers using Rational Application Developer, and Visual Studio - so I'm looking for a solution to all clients:
RAD/eclipse integration, Visual Studio integration, and the web UI.

Thanks,
Eyal

3 answers

permanent link
Eyal Azran (112) | answered Jul 14 '10, 1:29 p.m.
I've looked into using Firefox (version 3.5.2) with RTC.

It has the option to change text direction by right clicking the field and the possibility to turn the whole page reading order.

So now i'm left with looking for a way to reverse the text direction in the eclipse and VS plugins.

Eyal

permanent link
Sreerupa Sen (1.0k4) | answered Aug 02 '10, 12:09 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Apologies for the late response.
In the Visual Studio Client, we'd support reversing the text reading order only based on locale.
I'm curious to know the details of this use case though.

permanent link
Amit Kravzov (1351616) | answered Dec 14 '10, 9:24 a.m.
Apologies for the late response.
In the Visual Studio Client, we'd support reversing the text reading order only based on locale.
I'm curious to know the details of this use case though.

Hi,

I would also like to know how to change text direction to "right to left" in the eclipse client.

When using 2 languages, Hebrew and English, displaying the text as "left to right" can really make it difficult.

Is there a way to do that?

thanks,
Amit.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.