It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

More on importing CC base branched using CC connector

Guowei Jim Hu (1.0k910353) | asked Jul 13 '10, 10:58 a.m.
We started the migrationg of CC base branches to RTC streams using CC connector on our production server.

I observed the following while working on the migration:

1. Using two-way sync. stream approach, I found that if you let the import/sync start right after the nitila stream creation, it always failed with message saying:
WARNING: Could not create task named "WARNING: Overwriting with: common_metadata_services/xdocs": Could not save workitem: Attribute 'Filed Against' not set
If the cause of the failure (below) was a work item precondition not met, you may want to provide a work item template on the Team Concert tab of the Synchronized Stream editor.
WARNING: doUpdate: Closing active 1 change sets in source stream "INTERNAL_is_8_5_branch_is_8_5_bp".
Processed activity "Checking in brought over changes" in 5 second(s)

Although the subsequent sync. request on the stream always succedded without issue, one has to run the sync twice to get one branch imported, doubling the time to do the migration;

2. Following the suggestion in the message above, I also tried to creat the sync. stream, modify it by adding a work item template to it and then run the sync. This way I can run the sync just once to get one branch import done but it generates lots of work items of type Task with Summry like:
WARNING: Overwriting with: common_metadata_services/common_metadata_ai.

Each of these work items also is linked with a changeset containing unresolved changes.

Not sure what I am going to do with these work items, just close them? It is going to take as much time as I run the sync twice and maybe wose if there are many changes on the branch.

I guess I realy want here is to run the sync. once to get the import done and don't have to handle the autogenerated work items.

Any comments are appreciated.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.