It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is Running as a service required in 3.x (beta?)

Erin O'Connor (46166) | asked Jul 09 '10, 12:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Running as a service --- Do we still need to do this in 3.x (we use win2008 64bit):

RQM
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rqmhelp/v2r0/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.install.doc/topics/t_run_rqm64_win_service.html

The question is..., if I install the product, can I now log off, or do I have to set "each?" of these as a windows service?

2 answers

permanent link
Patrick Van Zandt (1.2k1) | answered Jul 09 '10, 2:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I can confirm that the 3.0 M6 installer does NOT automatically create a Windows service. I have not yet validated this with M6a.

Also, as of M6, the rqm.service.bat file is not included. This is the batch file that was added in the later 2.x releases and which fully automates the process of creating a service.

Does anyone know if we have a set of instructions on how to create a Windows service manually in 3.0 M6? This is what would need to be done if you want the Jazz server to keep running even when you log out of Windows.

Eric, if you are feeling a bit adventurous, you can try adapting the 2.0.0.1 instructions for 3.0 M6. Those are published here:
TN 1402914: Running IBM Rational Quality Manager 2.0 server as a Windows Service

permanent link
Patrick Van Zandt (1.2k1) | answered Jul 09 '10, 3:00 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Also the RTC 2.0 instructions could be useful as a baseline:
TN0010: Running Jazz Team Server in Tomcat as a Windows Service

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.