It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does Test Suite results use latest TER??

Homer Pope (15812226) | asked Jul 07 '10, 10:38 a.m.
Here is my example:
I run a suite comprised of one or more test cases, and one test case fails, so the suite fails (understandable) , and my RCR suite based report fails (in agreement also).
If I open the TER for the test case that failed and re-execute to success, run the ETL, and re-run the RCR report it will show success, but when I go back to the test suite results it is still marked as failure? Im am confused, seems reporting is using the latest TER but not test suite results.. I shouldnt have to re-run the entire test suite?
Can someone from the RQM team explain the logic to me, I'm struggling to explaint this to my client...
Many Thanks,
Homer

2 answers

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Jul 07 '10, 11:00 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Homer,
The Test Suite actually has a "Result Collection" that includes all of the Execution Results (ERs) from the run. What you could do is open the failing Execution Result and change the verdict, if you'd like.
Re-executing the TER is going to create a new ER that is not associated with the Suite.
The other option as you mention is to re-run the Suite, which I can understand may not be desirable.
Hope that helps.
Regards,
John Nason
RQM Development

Here is my example:
I run a suite comprised of one or more test cases, and one test case fails, so the suite fails (understandable) , and my RCR suite based report fails (in agreement also).
If I open the TER for the test case that failed and re-execute to success, run the ETL, and re-run the RCR report it will show success, but when I go back to the test suite results it is still marked as failure? Im am confused, seems reporting is using the latest TER but not test suite results.. I shouldnt have to re-run the entire test suite?
Can someone from the RQM team explain the logic to me, I'm struggling to explaint this to my client...
Many Thanks,
Homer

permanent link
Homer Pope (15812226) | answered Jul 07 '10, 12:35 p.m.
Thanks for the response John.
Hi Homer,
The Test Suite actually has a "Result Collection" that includes all of the Execution Results (ERs) from the run. What you could do is open the failing Execution Result and change the verdict, if you'd like.
Re-executing the TER is going to create a new ER that is not associated with the Suite.
The other option as you mention is to re-run the Suite, which I can understand may not be desirable.
Hope that helps.
Regards,
John Nason
RQM Development

Here is my example:
Many Thanks,
Homer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.