It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Migration of RQM - HELP

Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k10284271) | asked Sep 01 '09, 7:56 a.m.
Hello all,

I have RQM setup on Machine1 and it's database (MS SQL Server) on Machine2. I just got a new server in (Machine3). Can I install RQM on Machine3 and point it to the MS SQL Server DB without recreating the DBs?

2 answers

permanent link
Karen Steele (1.2k2139148) | answered Sep 01 '09, 9:05 a.m.
Hello all,

I have RQM setup on Machine1 and it's database (MS SQL Server) on Machine2. I just got a new server in (Machine3). Can I install RQM on Machine3 and point it to the MS SQL Server DB without recreating the DBs?

Can you advise what version you're using ... the reason I ask is that 2.0 installs into a different directory structure entirely, and you you will need to migrate by way of export and import from the old to the new ...

permanent link
Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k10284271) | answered Sep 01 '09, 9:19 a.m.
Hello all,

Can you advise what version you're using ... the reason I ask is that 2.0 installs into a different directory structure entirely, and you you will need to migrate by way of export and import from the old to the new ...

Sorry, I am on 2.0. I have been asking for a new server for months, and finally just installed RQM and setup SQL Server from our DBA team. I was about to announce availability today and they told me I have a new machine.

With ClearQuest Web, we can install multiple web servers to point to the same database, I am wondering if I can do the same thing.

thanks for any advice/instructions

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.