It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

error when install RRC help locally

Irina Vaganova (4111114) | asked Jun 30 '10, 7:14 a.m.
Hello, I have some question about installation RRC help on local machine
I followed all instructions in http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rpcmpose/v2r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.help.common.rational.remote.doc/topics/t_download_help_download_site.html
but on the step 4 I get error window without any message
I used RRC client and server v.2.0.0.1

3 answers

permanent link
Kari Halsted (11) | answered Jun 30 '10, 2:16 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I tried what you've tried, with 2.0.0.1, and I get a little further along than you did ... no error at step 4. However, it's not working ... although it says it installed the features, they aren't getting installed. So I'll raise this with the help system infrastructure team to see what's up.

As far as your error in step 4 ... When exactly did you get the empty message window? When you clicked the Internal Sites tab? or the + button? or when you indicated your site.xml file?

If it's the when you selected the site.xml -- is your download complete (118 files, 34 folders)?

permanent link
Kari Halsted (11) | answered Jun 30 '10, 5:10 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
So, my first step in trying to reproduce was to uninstall the RRC 2001 client, and reinstall it (didn't lose my connection settings or anything). On re-install, I selected the local help option again. Then I used the local help updater with the latest download site, and everything worked (had to restart RRC). I definitely didn't run into your error in step 4.

permanent link
Irina Vaganova (4111114) | answered Jul 05 '10, 2:59 a.m.
So, my first step in trying to reproduce was to uninstall the RRC 2001 client, and reinstall it (didn't lose my connection settings or anything). On re-install, I selected the local help option again. Then I used the local help updater with the latest download site, and everything worked (had to restart RRC). I definitely didn't run into your error in step 4.

Hello,
I reinstall client but it doesn`t help
My steps are:
first I selected local help option when install client then I run Local Help Updater, I chose Internal site, click Add button(+), point to site.xml file in URL click OK button and get error window without any message
By the way, when I upgrade server and client to version 2.0.0.2 I get the same error

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.