It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Project permissions

Case Taintor (1462116) | asked Jun 28 '10, 6:09 p.m.
I would like to control who can edit the project process to only be a few people in our organization. However, I'd like for ScrumMasters and Product Owners to be able to add team members to their teams as necessary without needing the project admins. RTC *seems* to support this with the permission labeled "Modify the Collection of Team Members," however, this setting seems to do nothing. Nobody can add team members unless they are an admin of their project or in the ProcessAdmin group. I don't want to give out those admin rights because then that means that people can start messing with the process. Am I missing something?

3 answers

permanent link
Kevin Gu (17131) | answered Jul 01 '10, 9:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I would like to control who can edit the project process to only be a few people in our organization. However, I'd like for ScrumMasters and Product Owners to be able to add team members to their teams as necessary without needing the project admins. RTC *seems* to support this with the permission labeled "Modify the Collection of Team Members," however, this setting seems to do nothing. Nobody can add team members unless they are an admin of their project or in the ProcessAdmin group. I don't want to give out those admin rights because then that means that people can start messing with the process. Am I missing something?

Hi Case,

What is the RTC version you are using? With the latest version, you could use "Modify the Collection of Team Members" to control the permission without assigning an administrator group of the project area, anyone without that permission trys to save the project area will get a permission denied error.

Kevin
Jazz Process Authoring Team

permanent link
Case Taintor (1462116) | answered Jul 01 '10, 3:40 p.m.
I believe I'm on the latest. Server version says 2.0.0.2 (I20091211-0451). I gave users (ScrumMasters) the permission to edit the team collection and they were unable to add people to the team. The team structure is flat (there's a project with the team at the project level) -- not sure if that is the problem.

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44351) | answered Jul 01 '10, 6:48 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This seems like a problem with the process permission configuration.
The Team Advisor view should open with an error when you are unable to add a team member. There is a link that says "Why did this happen?". What does the dialog that opens from that link say?

Thanks,
Martha
Jazz Developer, Process Conmponent

I believe I'm on the latest. Server version says 2.0.0.2 (I20091211-0451). I gave users (ScrumMasters) the permission to edit the team collection and they were unable to add people to the team. The team structure is flat (there's a project with the team at the project level) -- not sure if that is the problem.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.