It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I assign permission based on approval types?

Alice Yeung (152) | asked Jun 25 '10, 5:32 p.m.
Can we limit who can approve what type of approval?

Basically, I want to setup my project such that only Managers can approve "approvals", set of senior developers can approve "code review", and writers can approve "message review".

Is it possible to setup these controls in RTC? If not, then can I create query to find out which work item does not follow the rule?

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jun 26 '10, 9:00 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

in the Process Configuration you can specify in the Team configuration's permissions which role can modify the workitems approvals.

In the Process Configuration you can specify in the Team configuration's operational behavior that saving a work item in a specific state requires an approval and for code delivery you can configure which approval frm which role is required for delivery.

However, I don't think today, in 2.0 out of the box, you can specify which role can approve. It would be possible to create a process extension (precondition) to support what you have in mind, I think. The precondition would have to check before saving that the approver entered has the required role.

Ralph

Basically, I want to setup my project such that only Managers can approve "approvals", set of senior developers can approve "code review", and writers can approve "message review".

Is it possible to setup these controls in RTC? If not, then can I create query to find out which work item does not follow the rule?

permanent link
Alexander Schinko (35511812) | answered Jul 22 '10, 9:52 a.m.
It would be very interesting to have the same functionality also for saving the work item in a certain state.

For example an enhancement has to be approved by one tester and by one analyst before implementing.

Can this functionality can be expacted soon in a new version?

Hi,

in the Process Configuration you can specify in the Team configuration's permissions which role can modify the workitems approvals.

In the Process Configuration you can specify in the Team configuration's operational behavior that saving a work item in a specific state requires an approval and for code delivery you can configure which approval frm which role is required for delivery.

However, I don't think today, in 2.0 out of the box, you can specify which role can approve. It would be possible to create a process extension (precondition) to support what you have in mind, I think. The precondition would have to check before saving that the approver entered has the required role.

Ralph

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.