It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Formal Review Section: 2nd round of approvals?

David Moss (171156) | asked Jun 22 '10, 2:51 p.m.
We are currently in a planning phase. Our process is that:
--Test Cases are being developed.
--Once "complete", these are then set as ready for review, and someone is assigned as an approver in the formal review section.
--Test Case is approved, and the approver marks approval in the formal review. They then reopen the test case, setting it back to Draft mode.
--At this point, test scripts are developed and attached to the test case.
--Once again, the case is set to "Ready for Review", this time for the purpose of validating the script properly handles the case.

Here is where we are stuck...there appears to be no way to have the same approver make an approval a second time in the formal review section. It will not allow deletion of the original approval (we thought to do that and re-create the approval item).

How can we achieve this second round of approvals? Is there a method given the steps we are currently taking, or do those steps need to change?

RQM 2.0.0.1, Build ID I20100126_0933

Thank you,
-caimoss

3 answers

permanent link
Maneesh Mehra (20111) | answered Jun 29 '10, 11:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I think its a valid use case to request subsequent approvals from the same user (Even RTC allows it for work items). I'd suggest opening an Enhancement type work item against RQM and let the development team take it from there. The link to opening a new enhancement work item is:

http://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational Quality Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.newWorkItem&type=enhancement

Please file it against: Test Process->Review and Approval

I hope that helps.

permanent link
David Richards (31) | answered Jun 29 '10, 11:25 a.m.

permanent link
David Moss (171156) | answered Jun 29 '10, 2:54 p.m.
Thanks David and Maneesh. I am trying to get a RQM 2.0.1 iFix3 deployment project approved for testing and implementation to our production environment.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.