It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

timesheet with BIRT Report

Marco Bormann (1611910) | asked Jun 21 '10, 3:39 a.m.
I tried to create a time-sheet using BIRT report. The idea was basically to create a list of all changes in the "time-spent"-attribute listing the date, the owner and the work item and the amount of the change.
I used the WORKITEM_CHNGS table in my Data Set where I basically had all the columns needed. But somehow I only get strange results, my report does not take into account all results, even if I leave out filters like "time-spent">"Previous time-spent". I tought from the description of the schema, I would have a full account of all changes in work items in this table. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Marco

9 answers

permanent link
Marco Bormann (1611910) | answered Jun 21 '10, 6:16 a.m.
Solved the problem myself: After an update of the WORKITEM_SNAPSHOT everything works fine.

permanent link
Andrew Trobec (49712144139) | answered Jun 21 '10, 9:46 a.m.
Solved the problem myself: After an update of the WORKITEM_SNAPSHOT everything works fine.

Hello Marco,

I am trying to do this myself, but I have not yet managed! In order to get the result you wanted, did you create a simple Work Item query, or did you create a new report?

Please could you share this information with me? I would find it very useful!

Thank you and best regards,

Andrew

permanent link
Marco Bormann (1611910) | answered Jun 21 '10, 12:38 p.m.
Hello Andrew,

I created a new Report, without using a query. There are a lot of tools in the Report Data Set Wizard to Filter and Configure the data I needed. In my case we just wanted to know who worked which day on which task for how long. A the data to do this seems to be there, one I had found the update button.
But I still have some trouble with the database schema, at times there are things I cannot find.

Hello Marco,

I am trying to do this myself, but I have not yet managed! In order to get the result you wanted, did you create a simple Work Item query, or did you create a new report?

Please could you share this information with me? I would find it very useful!

Thank you and best regards,

Andrew

permanent link
Andrew Trobec (49712144139) | answered Jun 22 '10, 2:25 a.m.
Hello Andrew,
I created a new Report, without using a query. There are a lot of tools in the Report Data Set Wizard to Filter and Configure the data I needed. In my case we just wanted to know who worked which day on which task for how long. A the data to do this seems to be there, one I had found the update button.
But I still have some trouble with the database schema, at times there are things I cannot find.

Hello Marco,

I managed to leverage the BIRT functionality to create a similar report and the first thing I noticed is that there is a delay between the time a work item is modified and the time it becomes visible in the report. Also, if the same user modifies the "Time Spent" attribute more than once, only one record appears in the report rather than a record for each modification. Have you managed to solve this issue?

Regards,

Andrew

permanent link
Marco Bormann (1611910) | answered Jun 22 '10, 4:35 a.m.
Hello Andrew,

I do have the same issues but I do not see them as a huge problem. Updating the database before getting a report is surely a little tiresome but it can be done and I even prefer to have the records for a single user and a single work item summed up.

Regards,
Marco

Hello Marco,

I managed to leverage the BIRT functionality to create a similar report and the first thing I noticed is that there is a delay between the time a work item is modified and the time it becomes visible in the report. Also, if the same user modifies the "Time Spent" attribute more than once, only one record appears in the report rather than a record for each modification. Have you managed to solve this issue?

Regards,

Andrew

permanent link
Andrew Trobec (49712144139) | answered Jun 22 '10, 5:09 a.m.
Hello Andrew,

I do have the same issues but I do not see them as a huge problem. Updating the database before getting a report is surely a little tiresome but it can be done and I even prefer to have the records for a single user and a single work item summed up.

Regards,
Marco

Hello Marco,

Thank you for the info. Last info: how do I update the database to render work item changes visible?

Regards,

Andrew

permanent link
Marco Bormann (1611910) | answered Jun 22 '10, 5:16 a.m.
In the web-interface, go to "reports", which will appear if you select a project area, then "administer data warehouse" and there are some update buttons. It will probably take some seconds to execute.

Hello Andrew,

Regards,
Marco

Hello Marco,

Thank you for the info. Last info: how do I update the database to render work item changes visible?

Regards,

Andrew

permanent link
James Moody (3.3k24) | answered Jun 25 '10, 1:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
On 6/22/2010 5:23 AM, MarcoB wrote:
In the web-interface, go to "reports", which will appear if
you select a project area, then "administer data warehouse"
and there are some update buttons. It will probably take some seconds
to execute.

spriteburnwrote:
Hello Andrew,

I do have the same issues but I do not see them as a huge problem.
Updating the database before getting a report is surely a little
tiresome but it can be done and I even prefer to have the records for
a single user and a single work item summed up.

Regards,
Marco

Hello Marco,

Thank you for the info. Last info: how do I update the database to
render work item changes visible?

Regards,

Andrew

The following resource might help you when authoring reports; it's an
annotated description of each of the tables and columns in the data mart:

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/DataWarehouseSnapshotSchemas20

james
RTC Reports Team Lead

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jun 26 '10, 10:47 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
One of the tables referenced in:

is the "Live Snapshot" view. Where would we find documents that
describe the tables provided by the various components to this view?
In particular, it would be ideal if references to these documents could
be added to the DataWarehouseSnapshotSchemas20 page!

Cheers,
Geoff

On 6/25/2010 1:29 PM, James Moody wrote:
On 6/22/2010 5:23 AM, MarcoB wrote:
In the web-interface, go to "reports", which will appear if
you select a project area, then "administer data warehouse"
and there are some update buttons. It will probably take some seconds
to execute.

spriteburnwrote:
Hello Andrew,

I do have the same issues but I do not see them as a huge problem.
Updating the database before getting a report is surely a little
tiresome but it can be done and I even prefer to have the records for
a single user and a single work item summed up.

Regards,
Marco

Hello Marco,

Thank you for the info. Last info: how do I update the database to
render work item changes visible?

Regards,

Andrew

The following resource might help you when authoring reports; it's an
annotated description of each of the tables and columns in the data mart:

james
RTC Reports Team Lead

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.