It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Source Control in Web UI

Liora Milbaum (513289118) | asked Jun 15 '10, 5:40 a.m.
Hi,

One of our customers wants to use RTC source control for storing development documents. Do you think this is the right solution or are there other posibilities?
If it is, then the Web UI client is the appropriate but the current RTC release doesn't have the basic functionaly (check out/in).
Is there a plan to enable this functionaly in the near future?

Thanks in advance,
Liora

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jun 15 '10, 8:43 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Liora,

RTC 2.0.0.2 has limited capabilities to download/lock artefacts and to upload/deliver/unlock in the web UI already.

You work directly on the stream. However it is a capability that can be used by users that don't need/want an IDE.

I have seen several planned enhancements to this in the 3.0 plan.

Hi,

One of our customers wants to use RTC source control for storing development documents. Do you think this is the right solution or are there other posibilities?
If it is, then the Web UI client is the appropriate but the current RTC release doesn't have the basic functionaly (check out/in).
Is there a plan to enable this functionaly in the near future?

Thanks in advance,
Liora

permanent link
David Gardner (2132) | answered Jun 15 '10, 10:20 a.m.
Hi Liora,

Just to second what rschoon was saying - using the Web UI SCM for documentation should be absolutely fine. I project I'm working with has piloted this and we thought it would be ideal for those not needing or regularly using an eclipse or VS IDE.

David

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.