It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

LDAP issue

Sandeep Anand (1663) | asked Jun 11 '10, 5:45 a.m.
Hi,

I am facing an issue in LDAP configuration of jazz server for RTC.

In setup guide, its instructed that after specifying LDAP parameters in jezz setup wizard, go to server.xml file, comment following entry

<Realm>

and add following entry

<Realm>

If I do so, I am not able to login into jazz admin tool with id that I created as admin id. Moreover, if I try to login with a domain id (member of jazzAdmin group) it says, it is not authorize to login into Admin UI.

Can anybody help to understand what wrong I am doing?

If I reset the server.xml to original. I am able to login with admin id and after logging in I am even able to import users from domain. Which shows the jazz is able to connect to domain.

Best Regards,
Sndp

2 answers

permanent link
Susan Wu (4712016) | answered Jun 14 '10, 12:05 a.m.
Hi,

In server.xml, you need to comment out the default userDatabaseRealm, and add a "org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm" with parameters reflecting your LDAP registry.

Check out the following jazz.net technote with details of configuring ldap in tomcat for Jazz:

http://jazz.net/library/techtip/92

Hope it will help,

Susan Wu
Jazz/RTC Support

In setup guide, its instructed that after specifying LDAP parameters in jezz setup wizard, go to server.xml file, comment following entry

<Realm>

and add following entry

<Realm>

If I do so, I am not able to login into jazz admin tool with id that I created as admin id. Moreover, if I try to login with a domain id (member of jazzAdmin group) it says, it is not authorize to login into Admin UI.

If I reset the server.xml to original. I am able to login with admin id and after logging in I am even able to import users from domain. Which shows the jazz is able to connect to domain.

Best Regards,
Sndp

permanent link
Lewis Tsao (2174962) | answered Jun 22 '10, 12:00 p.m.
If you have not already resolved the issue, here are my 2cents worth:

1. First when configuring to use LDAP in https://.../jazz/admin, always make sure that test connection returns no warnings, no errors.
2. Modify your server.xml file according to doc.
3. Note, in one version of the doc which suggest you create a user and login afterwards is WRONG. After switching to using LDAP, "old" users are invalidated.
4. The doc mentioned that there are some JazzGroup and LDAP group mapping. You MUST put yourself in the mapped JazzAdmins group. Otherwise no one has admin rights.

Hi,

<Realm>

and add following entry

<Realm>

Best Regards,
Sndp

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.