It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Archived iteration showing up in Release Plan ?

Lisa Lasher (61) | asked Jun 10 '10, 6:14 p.m.
I have a high level iteration with 3 sub-iterations, and an archived sub-iteration (a false start that I 'deleted'). The high level iteration uses a Release Plan, and the sub-iterations have Milestone plans. I'm using the Eclipse Way process.

In RTC 2.0 this works fine - when I look at the high level Release Plan, View As Iterations, it shows the three sub-iterations with their plan items, and it does not show the archived sub-iteration.

I have just upgraded to RTC 2.0.0.2, and now the archived iteration also shows up in that view. I can get rid of it by excluding empty groups, but why is it suddenly showing up? I can't find any setting to control hiding/showing archived iterations when viewing a plan, and it seems to me that they should always be hidden.

The archived iteration IS hidden in the Project Timelines list, and it is also hidden in the list of Plans in the Team Artifacts. Is this a bug that has crept into the fix pack?

3 answers

permanent link
Lisa Lasher (61) | answered Jun 25 '10, 1:49 p.m.
I never got a response to this question. Has anybody else seen this problem?

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Jun 25 '10, 4:20 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Lisa

You may want to raise it as a defect - development will be able to confirm what the problem is

regards

anthony

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k9186201) | answered Aug 22 '11, 11:38 a.m.
In facing the same problem I moved the archived sprint under something else that
had been archived. The particular project area had created multiple team-related time lines and had archived "Main Development" and its child iterations. Seemed like the perfect place to put something else that had gotten archived.

Now that archived sprint doesn't show under the Release Plan for that time line.

Hi Lisa

You may want to raise it as a defect - development will be able to confirm what the problem is

regards

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.