It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Create stream via CLI fails

Zoran Tomaskovic (1113) | asked Jun 02 '17, 4:22 a.m.

I tried to create a stream like like this:

create stream -r REPOSITORY -d "STREAMDESCRIPTION" --projectarea STREAMNAME PROJECTAREA

With scm.exe this works as expected but fec.exe and lscm.bat are faulty. I don't even get a response with these two commands and the stream will not be created.

(I tried it with 6.0.2 and 6.0.3.)

I would be deeply grateful if you could share your practical experience. Thanks in advance!

Comments
Shashikant Padur commented Jun 05 '17, 12:42 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Do you see any daemon process running? Use "scm list daemon" subcommand. If so, could you run "scm daemon stop --all" and rerun the "lscm create stream" subcommand. By the way, does "lscm help" or "lscm help create stream" work? 

Donald Nong commented Jun 06 '17, 2:34 a.m.

I can confirm that both scm and lscm work for me - 6.0.3 on a Mac. Although fec refuses to run due to the lack of mkroot script.

Zoran Tomaskovic commented Jun 06 '17, 8:58 a.m.

The daemon is not really the problem.
Maybe I should emphasize the matter that only "create stream" is not working with fec/lscm. All other subcommands (e.g. "create workspace" or "create/add component") are working just fine with all three commands (scm/fec/lscm).

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.