It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Ensure jUnits run before deliver

Glenn Poston (7194) | asked Jun 10 '10, 4:13 p.m.
My team would like to enforce that jUnits pass before delivering change sets.

How does Jazz/RSA know what tests to require be ran?
How does Jazz/RSA know what have been run?
Do the tests have to be in the same project you are delivering?

My team keeps tests and production code in separate projects.

I couldn't find any documentation on the specifics. All I was able to find is that this is an available feature and how to enable it.

3 answers

permanent link
Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | answered Jun 10 '10, 5:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Taking a quick look at the code, it seems like the advisor listens to JUnit runs (through the JUnit view) and checks to see if the named test suite (a) has run, and (b) was entirely green.

The tests can be in any component or project.

e

permanent link
Glenn Poston (7194) | answered Jun 11 '10, 9:03 a.m.
Thanks for the help. I don't think this would be a viable option for us. I wish the jUnits TestSuite name could be set based on what component you were delivering to. We have several projects and it wouldn't make sense to force jUnits to run for all projects (which we may not even have checked out) when we are only delivering changes to one set.

Any ideas, or have I hit a limitation here?

permanent link
Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | answered Jun 11 '10, 9:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The advisor framework is extensible, so you're free to add your own advisors that do exactly what you want. See the process wiki for more information.

It may be easier to use a continuous build to monitor the quality of the stream. In SCM development we have a build that runs every 90ish minutes (if the stream has changed) and executes our sniff tests.

e

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.