It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to load a new repository workspace from the contents of RTC client's local workspace?

Percy De Silva (152) | asked Dec 01 '15, 3:23 a.m.
 The RTC server is corrupted and all the backups are not usable.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Dec 02 '15, 4:05 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Dec 02 '15, 4:18 a.m.
 As explained above, you basically share the projects from your local workspace again. If the share option is not available, use Disconnect first.

After you disconnected you can share again.

Percy De Silva selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Percy De Silva commented Dec 04 '15, 3:20 a.m.

Hello Ralph,

Thank you very much for the great help and advice. It worked and I managed to create the stream.

Percy

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 04 '15, 3:31 a.m.

Please look into your backup procedures and make sure they work. You don't want to loose all your precious work, because the backup has not been tested and does not work.

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Dec 01 '15, 4:06 a.m.
edited Dec 01 '15, 4:07 a.m.
 I would suggest to spend a bit more time on explaining what you want to do.
As an educated guess what you might mean.....
If you have source code on the disc and you basically want to get that under SCM, you do a share.

If you have streams and workspaces, you can share on top of existing data and RTC will calculate the difference between the local and the existent code.  

You might have to disconnect the code on disc from SCM before you share. Not totally sure.   

Comments
Percy De Silva commented Dec 02 '15, 3:21 a.m.

Thank you Ralph and I will try to explain more about our problem

Our RTC server machine is corrupted and the repository is in a inconsistent state.  All the daily backups are also taken with that error.

We have installed a new windows 2008 server and I want create repository workspaces and streams in the new RTC server using some RTC client's local eclipse workspaces. Is it possible to do that?

Thanks again.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.