It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Environment clone

Jason Batliner (66186) | asked Jun 02 '10, 3:13 p.m.
We have a production environment that we would like to copy/replicate into a testing environment so that we can test and demo new configurations prior to implementing them in the production environment. We desire to do refreshes from the prod environment at least once a month if not more frequently. Currently the plan is to have two unique URL's. Is there a best practice approach for this? I am wondering if "repotools -copy" is the right answer but I have not been able to find much documentation on exactly what is copied when that command is run.

Also, We utilize RTC, RRC and RQM and they are all set up to C/ALM with each other.

Thanks in advance!

-Jason

One answer

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jun 02 '10, 4:12 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
We have a production environment that we would like to copy/replicate into a testing environment so that we can test and demo new configurations prior to implementing them in the production environment. We desire to do refreshes from the prod environment at least once a month if not more frequently. Currently the plan is to have two unique URL's. Is there a best practice approach for this? I am wondering if "repotools -copy" is the right answer but I have not been able to find much documentation on exactly what is copied when that command is run.

Also, We utilize RTC, RRC and RQM and they are all set up to C/ALM with each other.

Thanks in advance!

-Jason

Hi

For the RTC bits - you need to do an export of the RTC repository (repotools export), then an import into the test environment. That should take care of the RTC references. Your appserver, database settings and login details need to be replicated too, and that depends on your current setup (eg: WAS/DB2 or Tomcat/Derby, etc).

RRC and RQM will have their own approaches to this backup/restore.

I am unsure how the C/ALM references will be resolved - perhaps someone else might know.

regards

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.