It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CQ bridge

mehul Prajapati (18125554) | asked Jul 22 '11, 12:20 p.m.
While Using CQ bridge all the actions are performed from web. CQ record are linked to work items from web.

The links are established for workitem to CQ record from web.

What if we need to see the same from RTC client ? is there a way ?

Also the links is visible from Web but not through RTC client or from CQ client record. Just wondering what is the advantage any inputs ?

6 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jul 22 '11, 1:07 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
In RTC-3.0.1 and in CQ-7.1.2, you can use the RTC Eclipse client to both
browse and create CQ Bridge links.

Note that when you traverse a CQ Bridge link from a workitem, it will
open a web browser in your Eclipse client, and display the linked CQ
record in that browser window.
Conversely, when you click on a work item link in a CQ record, it will
always open that work item in the web browser window, not in the Eclipse
work item editor.

Cheers,
Geoff

On 7/22/2011 12:23 PM, mehulnp wrote:
While Using CQ bridge all the actions are performed from web. CQ
record are linked to work items from web.

The links are established for workitem to CQ record from web.

What if we need to see the same from RTC client ? is there a way ?

Also the links is visible from Web but not through RTC client or from
CQ client record. Just wondering what is the advantage any inputs ?

permanent link
Yuhong Yin (25123) | answered Jul 22 '11, 1:40 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Additional comments/clarifications on top of Geoff's :

Yes, you need to use ClearQuest web (CQ Web) interface to establish the bridge links. The CQ Web also supports link decoration and UI previews (a.k.a rich hover over).

You can see the links from other ClearQuest clients (such as CQ Eclipse or CQ windows), and you can copy/paste the link URL to a browser to see the RTC WIs. However, the CQ non-web clients does not support creating links/link decoration/rich hover over.

Yuhong

Yuhong Yin
CC/RTC and CQ/RTC Connectors Team

permanent link
mehul Prajapati (18125554) | answered Jul 22 '11, 2:03 p.m.
so it needs RTC 3.0.1 version and does it also need CQ version 7.1.1 as per the below note ? and it will not work with CQ 7.1.1

This section describes how to apply the OSLCLinks package version 1.0 or 1.1 to your schema by using the Rational ClearQuest Designer that is based on Eclipse technology. Apply the OSLCLinks package v1.0 if you are running ClearQuest v7.1.2. Apply the OSLCLinks package v1.1 if you are running ClearQuest v7.1.2.1.

permanent link
mehul Prajapati (18125554) | answered Jul 22 '11, 2:11 p.m.
So with RTC 2.0 we can just have the CQ bridge where only work items can be linked to the CQ records from the RTC web client ? but physically this links are not visible in clients.

permanent link
Yuhong Yin (25123) | answered Jul 22 '11, 2:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
No you don't have to use RTC 3.0.1.

You can use RTC 3, which allows you to establish the links from within the RTC client, or from RTC web.

Yes you have to use CQ 7.1.2 or newer for the OSLC-based CQ-RTC bridge, and apply the CQ OSLCLinks packages as documented in this technote.

https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21433074

- Yuhong

Yuhong Yin
CC/RTC & CQ/RTC Connectors Team

permanent link
Manoj Panda (39346762) | answered Aug 03 '12, 1:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Yuhong,

I am using OSLC 1.2 of CQ 8.0.0.03 with RTC 4.0. I am able to create/link to existing CQ record from RTC. But not from CQ.

When  i check the error log of CQ Web , i get the following error.

[8/2/12 23:04:33:970 IST] 0000001e CqOAuthClient E com.ibm.rational.cq.web.oauthConsumer.CqOAuthClient exchangeRequestTokenForAccessToken Unable to retrieve accessor for token

[8/3/12 10:41:07:667 IST] 00000054 CMLogger      I com.ibm.rational.stp.server.oncrpc.CqOncrpcManagedConnectionFactory$CheckServersForRecycleTask run CRVSV0220I Initiated server recycle after reaching server recycle lifetime limit: ClearQuest - 1.13488

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.