It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

The collation issue

Sandeep Anand (1663) | asked Jun 01 '10, 3:09 a.m.
hi,

we are using SQL server 2005. After setting up jazz team server using apache tomcat, everything went fine till we tried to create the tables from jazz team admin webpage. As mentioned in the setup guide we had set the collation vallue of jazz database to SQL_Latin1_General_CP437_CS_AS. But the collation value of server is set to "Danish_Norwegian_CI_AS". This seems to be causing problem when we create tables. In the log it says "Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Danish_Norwegian_CI_AS" and "SQL_Latin1_General_CP437_CS_AS" in the INTERSECT operation"

Can anyone tell how to proceed in this situation. We dont want to change the collation settings at the server level as there are many other databases on this server and we dont want to create problems in those databases.

Any help will be appreciated.

-Sandeep

2 answers

permanent link
Sandeep Anand (1663) | answered Jun 01 '10, 4:43 a.m.
Well, I got the solution by myself.

Just replace Microsoft JDBC driver 3.0 with 2.0.

The tables got created now.

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jun 05 '10, 10:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I checked our work items for a matching report, and didn't find any, so I've filed 117169: Collation conflict when using JDBC 3.0 driver with SQL server 2005. Glad you were able to find a workaround.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.