It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Install RRC on Linux 32 bit

Fabio Simonetti (11) | asked May 31 '10, 5:21 p.m.
Hello, I'd like to install RRC 2.0.0.1 on my laptop on Linux Ubuntu 32 bit, but I met a problem.
I followed this guide on the official site, but it doesn't work.

1. Download the Rational Requirements Composer Client and Server .zip files (Part 1 and 2 for the server, Master and Main for the client) from the All Downloads tab.
2. Extract the contents of the downloaded .zip files into a temporary location, so that you have the following directories: RRCS and RRCS_SETUP for the server, and RRCC and RRCC_SETUP for the client.
3. Go to the RRCS_SETUP directory and execute launchpad.exe (on Windows, or launchpad.sh on Linux) to launch IBM Installation Manager v1.3.2., which will install Rational Requirements Composer Server.
4. Go to the RRCC_SETUP directory and execute launchpad.exe to install Rational Requirements Composer Client.

I only need to install the client, because the server one is on my university's server.
I extracted the zip files of the client in the same directory; later, using the terminal, i have used the instruction "chmod +x launchpad.sh", but when I tried to execute the sh file and I pressed the button "install" in the user interface, it returned me (on the terminal):

/bin/bash: /home/fabio/Scrivania/RRCC_SETUP/InstallerImage_linux/install: No such file or directory

I often saw that this error has been found for 64 bit Ubuntu users, but I use Ubuntu LL 10.04 32 bit.
Can somebody help me?
Thanks a lot, Bye.

6 answers

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered May 31 '10, 7:35 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I may have misunderstood your question, but the RRC client doesn't support Linux, only Windows.

permanent link
Fabio Simonetti (11) | answered Jun 01 '10, 10:46 a.m.
I may have misunderstood your question, but the RRC client doesn't support Linux, only Windows.

I read in the instructions of installation on jazz.net this sentence:
Go to the RRCS_SETUP directory and execute launchpad.exe (on Windows, or [b]launchpad.sh on Linux[/b]) to launch IBM Installation Manager v1.3.2.,r. 

so I tried to install it by the file "launchpad.sh", which is a Linux file.

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Jun 01 '10, 6:10 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
RRC"S" refers to the server component of the product.
RRC"C" is the client.
The server can run on either Windows or Linux, but the client is Windows only.

permanent link
Fabio Simonetti (11) | answered Jun 01 '10, 6:15 p.m.
RRC"S" refers to the server component of the product.
RRC"C" is the client.
The server can run on either Windows or Linux, but the client is Windows only.

Ah, I'm sorry. I didn't look at this detail. Thanks you so much

permanent link
Bruno Soares (111) | answered Jun 16 '10, 3:47 p.m.
Please help me.

cp: cannot stat `/root/RRC/VM/RRCS_SETUP/launchpad/lib': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `/root/RRC/VM/RRCS_SETUP/launchpad/../jre': No such file or directory
/usr/bin/less
++ cat /root/RRC/VM/RRCS_SETUP/launchpad/en/noBrowser.html

Regards,
Bruno Soares

permanent link
Sam Hachem (16) | answered Nov 16 '11, 5:34 p.m.
Please help me.

cp: cannot stat `/root/RRC/VM/RRCS_SETUP/launchpad/lib': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `/root/RRC/VM/RRCS_SETUP/launchpad/../jre': No such file or directory
/usr/bin/less
++ cat /root/RRC/VM/RRCS_SETUP/launchpad/en/noBrowser.html

Regards,
Bruno Soares

You get the above error if no browser is found on Linux system. Fixed by doing "yum install firefox -y; ./launchpad.sh".

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.