It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Convert Microsoft Word bookmarks, hyperlinks to valid RRC links during requirement import process

Lewis Hampton (-313) | asked Oct 04 '13, 2:00 p.m.
edited Nov 24 '14, 3:22 p.m.

I need to automatically generate corresponding microsoft word document hypertext links derived from the links between DOORs artifacts within or between modules using RPE template.

When the resultant microsoft word document is generated and published. Don't want readers of the document taken back to DOORs when clicking on a lnk in microsoft word. Links should take you to the corresponding bookmark with the microsoft word document or to the appropriate Microsoft Word document. Same function currently support via Microsoft Word hypertext links.

One answer

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Oct 07 '13, 2:43 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
"Hyperlinks to valid RRC links" ... that's an interesting scenario. I haven't tried it myself. I would have expected that the links would remain in the doc but wouldn't be "normal" trace links.  Are the links visible in the imported doc? If so and you hover over them with your cursor, is there an option to make the link a trace link?

If this isn't possible, or it doesn't meet your needs, you are welcome to open an enhancement request or add your voice to one that exists already. For example 72827: Link by attribute - Automatically Link Artifacts by Attribute Value is in our backlog.

Yes you could write an external utility to create links using the existing OSLC api. The SDK in the Lyo project at eclipse.org will help you get started.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.