It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can not run Jazz as a Windows Service

carlos roberto (21443030) | asked Feb 29 '08, 8:49 a.m.
I had success installing Jazz as a Windows Service but when I user the browser to see the Status Summary I have this message in Database Status
The database is responding, but is not configured to contain Jazz.
and in Service Error Summary I have a lot of things like
com.ibm.team.analysis.common.service.IAnalysisService
The service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.IDatabaseStateService" was found, but the requested filter "(databaseExists=true)" did not match
com.ibm.team.apt.common.resource.IResourcePlanningService
The service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.IDatabaseStateService" was found, but the requested filter "(databaseExists=true)" did not match
com.ibm.team.apt.internal.common.rcp.IIterationPlanService

When I start Jazz by DOS command line it works fine even when I access it from a different machine. Looks like something with configuration. The machine is a XP SP2 running as a VM with VMWare.
Any idea?

2 answers

permanent link
Matt Lavin (2.7k2) | answered Feb 29 '08, 10:37 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I've seen people report this problem in the past, and it has been due to the DB location not being specified with an absolute path in the teamserver.properties.

If you run a service on Windows the current directory is unknown, and you must specify the DB location in absolute terms

permanent link
carlos roberto (21443030) | answered Feb 29 '08, 1:44 p.m.
Bingo!! You are right. I had to use full path in repository and workitemindex locations and now it is working.
Thanks for your help.

www.byteshift.com

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.