It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we connect RTC to SLACK?

Rob Beesley (83) | asked Jan 05 '18, 4:34 a.m.

The question is in the title really, SLACK is becoming more and more embedded within the squads do we already have or are there plans to incorporate it into the communication strategy for RTC?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 05 '18, 10:25 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Then the question would be what you want to achieve with that integration. What is supposed to be done across that interface?

Anyway, here is an older discussion: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/216944/how-can-i-integrate-rtc-with-slack

I know of several attempts for such integration that asked for API hints, but I don't know any public results.

Rob Beesley selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Rob Beesley commented Jan 05 '18, 10:31 a.m.

Thanks Ralph, this helps a lot. In the meantime a colleague of mine has also come up with a solution so I should have a prototype to play with next week. You are correct in that we are exploring the function we know we want to take advantage but we also don't want a solution that overwhelms us with messages.

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 05 '18, 10:35 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Rob,

are you aware of the RSS feeds that RTC provides for change events?

I would be interested in what you would post to Slack.  Also, Slack, as you already suspect, is only a nice solution as long as the amount of data is limited. Like all the other hype tools from the past years, it is likely not of a lot of value if the amount of data in the channel(s) becomes too big.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.