It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why I can not call RAM Client (7.2.0.2) api at Jazz service

huafang Tan (415) | asked May 27 '10, 9:18 p.m.
When I firstly use RAM Client api 7.1 in my jazz component, it is ok. But when I update to RAM 7.2, I can not use tha api in my jazz component. It always throw an exception " can not find service".

7 answers

permanent link
Gili Mendel (1.8k56) | answered May 28 '10, 8:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
What do you mean by jazz component?

permanent link
Kevin Bauer (34621) | answered May 28 '10, 9:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
When I firstly use RAM Client api 7.1 in my jazz component, it is ok. But when I update to RAM 7.2, I can not use tha api in my jazz component. It always throw an exception " can not find service".

So did you server move from 7.1 to 7.2 or just the client? Did you replace all the jars in the ramclient.zip from the ones in the previous client usage (ramclient jar, ram common jar, http client, emf, etc). Did you remove all previous versions of these jars? What URL are you using to connect to the server? Does it work when you hit it in a browser? Assuming all these are true and are still getting the exception can you please post the full exception including the stack.

permanent link
huafang Tan (415) | answered May 31 '10, 2:49 a.m.
What do you mean by jazz component?

The jazz component I mean a plugin which provide a service.

permanent link
huafang Tan (415) | answered May 31 '10, 2:51 a.m.

So did you server move from 7.1 to 7.2 or just the client? Did you replace all the jars in the ramclient.zip from the ones in the previous client usage (ramclient jar, ram common jar, http client, emf, etc). Did you remove all previous versions of these jars? What URL are you using to connect to the server? Does it work when you hit it in a browser? Assuming all these are true and are still getting the exception can you please post the full exception including the stack.

I update the server from 7.1 to 7.2. I replace all the jars and remove all the previous versions. The URL is correct. Because It can work in my simple java application. Not a jazz plugin, just a java application. It is workable.

permanent link
Kevin Bauer (34621) | answered May 31 '10, 8:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Did you update your plugin dependency (can you post the requires statement(s) from your plugin manifest. How are you creating your RAMSession (passing a userid, password and userid into a constructor or accessing or are you accessing a connection defined in your workspace) can you post the code you have that tries to make this connection?

permanent link
huafang Tan (415) | answered May 31 '10, 9:21 p.m.
Did you update your plugin dependency (can you post the requires statement(s) from your plugin manifest. How are you creating your RAMSession (passing a userid, password and userid into a constructor or accessing or are you accessing a connection defined in your workspace) can you post the code you have that tries to make this connection?

Require-Bundle: com.ibm.team.repository.common,
com.ibm.team.process.common,
com.ibm.team.repository.common,
com.ibm.team.repository.service,
com.ibm.team.process.service,
com.ibm.team.foundation.common,
com.ibm.team.foundation.service,
Bundle-ClassPath: lib/axis.jar
com.ibm.ram.common_7.2.2.v20100305_0922.jar

Code to creat a session
RAMSession tempSession = new RAMSession(constructURL(URL), user,
password);
RAMCommunity ramCommunity = tempSession.getCommunity(community);

permanent link
huafang Tan (415) | answered Jun 01 '10, 12:00 a.m.

This is my fault. I forget to clean the build file. Now I can work on it. Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.