It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Differences in Web & Eclipse - query parent + it's child

Chris Gray (2143) | asked May 20 '10, 8:53 a.m.
In the Eclipse client, I can form the following simple query to find a work item "x" and it's children:
OR Any can match
Id is x Parent > Id is x

- I can select "ID" as the first condition
- selecting "Show links" lets me see "Parent" as a condition, with sub-conditions including "ID" in the tree of conditions under "Parent"
- selecting "ID" under "Parent" as the second condition in the "OR" statement adds the condition "Parent > ID"
- the query finds the parent & 15 children as expected
- I can run this query from either the Eclipse or Web client and get the same, expected result - a list of work items including the parent and the 15 children of the parent

Problem:
- I cannot use the Web client to construct the query
- the second condition becomes "ID" not "Parent > ID"
OR Any can match
Id is x Id is x

Symptom:
- in the Web client, the Query Editor includes "add conditions"
- as above, I can see and select "ID" as the first condition
- I can see and select "ID" under the tree of conditions under "Parent"
- the result, though, is only "ID" is added to the query as the second condition
- the query only finds the parent and 0 children

Problem:
- I cannot use the Web client to modify the above query (created in the Eclipse client) - for example, to change the ID number to another specific number

Symptom:
- when I select "Edit" on the query created in the Web client, the second condition is no longer shown as "Parent>ID" but simply "ID" -
- running the unmodified query while in the Editor results in only the Parent being found

Environment:
I'm running Rational Team Concert, Version: 2.0.0.2, Build id: I20091211-0451

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.