It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Collions on workspace with multiple components but no change

Jason Dean (1061168) | asked May 12 '10, 7:11 a.m.
Hi,
Doing the following command:

lscm load -r jazzlive XXX_MAIN_LIVE --all

Loads the workspace ok.

If you issue the command again after this there is always a collision:

lscm load -r jazzlive XXXX_MAIN_LIVE --all
Item exists in filesystem: XYZ
Problem running 'load':
Load could not complete due to collisions. Overwrite existing items with --force.

Even though there is no changes made at all.

Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks,

Jas

5 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered May 12 '10, 9:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

Loads the workspace ok.

Problem running 'load':
Load could not complete due to collisions. Overwrite existing items with --force.

Thanks,

Jas

Hi Jason

This sort-of makes sense. The files are all loaded, and you are trying to load again. There is a warning you are about to overwrite the files, and you can force it to do this using --force.

Are you expecting it to load again. or perhaps even not load because the files are exactly the same, or was there another behaviour you expected.

anthony

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered May 12 '10, 3:58 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Note that if you wanted to update your file area with changes from your
team stream, you would use the "accept" command, not the load command.

As a variant of Anthony's questions below, what were you hoping to
achieve by running the load command a second time?

Cheers,
Geoff

On 5/12/2010 9:53 AM, kesterto wrote:
jasuk70wrote:
Hi,

Loads the workspace ok.

If you issue the command again after this there is always a
collision:

Problem running 'load':
Load could not complete due to collisions. Overwrite existing items
with --force.

Thanks,

Jas

Hi Jason

This sort-of makes sense. The files are all loaded, and you are
trying to load again. There is a warning you are about to overwrite
the files, and you can force it to do this using --force.

Are you expecting it to load again. or perhaps even not load because
the files are exactly the same, or was there another behaviour you
expected.

anthony

permanent link
Neerav Salaria (3132) | answered May 13 '10, 1:49 a.m.
Hi,

Loads the workspace ok.

Problem running 'load':

Thanks,

Jas

Hi Jason

This sort-of makes sense. The files are all loaded, and you are trying to load again. There is a warning you are about to overwrite the files, and you can force it to do this using --force.

Are you expecting it to load again. or perhaps even not load because the files are exactly the same, or was there another behaviour you expected.

anthony

Hello sir ...i m facing the problem of collsion too ..but in my case i am trying to load a workspace from rtc using scm load command
scm load wrkspace -r repo -d folder
but in my case i have 2 files in rtc with same folder name but different component name ..as a result of which the scm load command issues a collision and does not load ...is there any way to handle this problem ...such that collsion is solved on its own or can be reported earlier ...

permanent link
Jason Dean (1061168) | answered May 13 '10, 4:58 a.m.

Hi Jason

anthony

Hi Anthony,

We was expecting it to do nothing as there was nothing new to load. (The workspace matches the repository workspace)

We keep getting socket timeouts and it tells us to do the load again to load only the files that didn't get synced previously, so assumed that would be the case if there wasn't any more files to load.

I've also noticed the --force option will not download anything new if the files are already downloaded, it will only load things that do not match the repository workspace. (As well as remove files that don't exist in the repository workspace)

Cheers,

Jas

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered May 13 '10, 8:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can load components into specific locations on your file system using the 'remote-path' option when loading. If you're need to load both components into the same place, it would not be possible because it would be ambiguous which component owns a file. You would have to merge the components to keep both as the same folder name and loaded in the same place.

Hello sir ...i m facing the problem of collsion too ..but in my case i am trying to load a workspace from rtc using scm load command
scm load wrkspace -r repo -d folder
but in my case i have 2 files in rtc with same folder name but different component name ..as a result of which the scm load command issues a collision and does not load ...is there any way to handle this problem ...such that collsion is solved on its own or can be reported earlier ...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.