It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error during Build on system-i

Andreas Nicoladoni (19612523) | asked May 10 '10, 4:50 a.m.
retagged Jun 24 '12, 4:30 a.m. by Arne Bister (2.6k12832)
Hello,
I have following question:
I have 3 i-projects in RDp and would like to use the BuildSpecifications from i-project for everybody 3. Is this generally possible or must I lay out the BuildSpecification in all 3 projekten?

If I a Build about the team Artifacte request following error message appears:
2010-05-10 10:40:32 Invoking build participant "com.ibm.teami.build.iant"

Buildfile: /tmp/rtcp/load/Demo UCLA Team build 3/RTC Build/master.xml

default:

BUILD FAILED
/tmp/rtcp/load/Demo UCLA Team build 3/RTC Build/master.xml:15: Basedir /tmp/rtcp/load/Demo UCLA Team build 3/RTC Build/InitialDemo/.ibmi does not exist

Total time: 0 seconds
Build failed. Exit value was 1.

What do I make wrong? Please, around urgent assistance.

I would prefer to post my problems into German, until I have refreshed my knowledge of English again enough to find the right formulations also into English.

Thank you in advance.
Yours sincerely

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 10 '10, 4:37 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Andreas,

The error message seems to indicate that /tmp/rtcp/load/Demo UCLA Team build 3/RTC Build/master.xml:15: Basedir /tmp/rtcp/load/Demo UCLA Team build 3/RTC Build/InitialDemo/.ibmi does not exist

What you could do to debug is: on the build server run just one build. have a look at the servers file system for what is loaded into "Basedir /tmp/rtcp/load/Demo UCLA Team build 3/RTC Build".
If the .ibmi file is missing: is it on the ignore list and not versioned?
What also concerns me is the space behind "Basedir in " "Basedir /tmp/rtcp/load/Demo UCLA Team build 3/RTC Build". Is there an issue with some property?

Feel free to contact me directly in German. I have no clue about specifics of built in I but maybe we can figure it out.

Ralph

Hello,
I have following question:
I have 3 i-projects in RDp and would like to use the BuildSpecifications from i-project for everybody 3. Is this generally possible or must I lay out the BuildSpecification in all 3 projekten?

If I a Build about the team Artifacte request following error message appears:
2010-05-10 10:40:32 Invoking build participant "com.ibm.teami.build.iant"

Buildfile: /tmp/rtcp/load/Demo UCLA Team build 3/RTC Build/master.xml

default:

BUILD FAILED
/tmp/rtcp/load/Demo UCLA Team build 3/RTC Build/master.xml:15: Basedir /tmp/rtcp/load/Demo UCLA Team build 3/RTC Build/InitialDemo/.ibmi does not exist

Total time: 0 seconds
Build failed. Exit value was 1.

What do I make wrong? Please, around urgent assistance.

I would prefer to post my problems into German, until I have refreshed my knowledge of English again enough to find the right formulations also into English.

Thank you in advance.
Yours sincerely

permanent link
Andreas Nicoladoni (19612523) | answered May 11 '10, 3:08 a.m.
Hi Andreas,

The error message seems to indicate that /tmp/rtcp/load/Demo UCLA Team build 3/RTC Build/master.xml:15: Basedir /tmp/rtcp/load/Demo UCLA Team build 3/RTC Build/InitialDemo/.ibmi does not exist

What you could do to debug is: on the build server run just one build. have a look at the servers file system for what is loaded into "Basedir /tmp/rtcp/load/Demo UCLA Team build 3/RTC Build".
If the .ibmi file is missing: is it on the ignore list and not versioned?
What also concerns me is the space behind "Basedir in " "Basedir /tmp/rtcp/load/Demo UCLA Team build 3/RTC Build". Is there an issue with some property?

Feel free to contact me directly in German. I have no clue about specifics of built in I but maybe we can figure it out.

Ralph

Hi Raplh,

thanks for your offer to get in contact in german. Whats qour prefered way via private message or e-mail.

Thanks a lot
Andreas

permanent link
Andreas Nicoladoni (19612523) | answered May 12 '10, 4:00 a.m.
The error occurs because you have to create the BuildSpecification for each i-project and to deliver them to the TeamBuild Stream.

I'm missing documention for this feature and I hope in the future it will be possible to use one BuildSpecification for all i-projects in the RTCp Project Area

Kind Regards
Andreas

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.