It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I solve "serverStartup.sh" path or directory not found for Jazz 4.0.2 on IBM i?

Paul Bailey (1824) | asked May 10 '13, 6:13 a.m.
edited May 10 '13, 7:17 a.m.
 I installed Jazz software on my IBM i (v6.1) using the licensed program route (http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m2/topic/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/i_installing_rtcp_on_i.html). I did not want to install QM or RQ so only ran [the first] three of the five RSTLICPGM commands. Now it is time to run the QJTS402/CFGJAZZSVR command, but it immediately returns with an error about a file not found. In the log file it says: "qsh: 001-0019 Error found searching for command serverStartup.sh. No such path or directory."

Where would it be looking for this serverStartup.sh file? Is it something that comes with Jazz or should it already exist? 

In case anyone is interested, we do have WAS v6 Express installed. But no applications were installed into WAS for me, which I am assuming is the job of the QJTS402/CFGJAZZSVR command.

Many thanks in advance,
-Paul.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Sean Babineau (38825) | answered May 10 '13, 10:00 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Paul, I suspect your problem may be that you have WAS v6. RTC 4.0.2 has a requirement of WAS v7 or higher: https://jazz.net/library/article/1109

You can double check which version(s) of WAS you have by using the system command "GO LICPGM" and choosing option 10. Scroll down to 5733Wxx, you'll see something like this: 
-----
                      Display Installed Licensed Programs                
                                                             System:   I7
 Licensed  Installed                                                     
 Program   Status       Description                                      
 5733W70   *INSTALLED   WebSphere Application Server V7 for i5/OS        
 5733W70   *INSTALLED   WebSphere Application Server V7 ("Base")         
 5733W80   *INSTALLED   WebSphere Application Server V8 for IBM i        
 5733W80   *INSTALLED   WebSphere Application Server V8 Express          
 5733W80   *ERROR       WebSphere Application Server V8 ("Base")         
 5733W85   *INSTALLED   WebSphere Application Server V85 for IBM i       
 5733W85   *INSTALLED   WebSphere Application Server V85 ("Base")        
-----
Now, for your question: 
Where would it be looking for this serverStartup.sh file?
serverStartup.sh is a shellscript that gets created by the CFGJAZZSVR *CMD. If that command runs successfully, it should get created in IFS directory /QIBM/UserData/JazzTeamServer402/server/serverStartup.sh. 

Hope this helps! 
~Sean
Paul Bailey selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Paul Bailey commented May 16 '13, 6:30 a.m.

Thanks Sean, this is definitely my problem. I can't believe I missed that!

However, following your link I found the system requirements (where the minimum WAS versions are listed) and it clearly says that WAS 8.0 is bundled with CLM. There is definitely no 5733W80 items in my licensed programs screen, and I can't find any mention of it in the installation instructions. 

Does anyone have any idea what I was supposed to do to get it installed? I'm guessing the software (or licensed program SAVF) is around somewhere... I just need a signpost.

-Paul.

One other answer

permanent link
alfonso rodriguez (121) | answered May 10 '13, 10:03 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited May 10 '13, 10:11 a.m.
Hi Paul,

The serverstartup script should be available in the bin folder under each of the WAS profiles.  If you do not have a profile, one has to be created and specified in the CFGJAZZSVR command.

Prompting on the WAS version field of the CFGJAZZSVR command shows the allowed versions:

WAS VERSION: . . . . . . . . . . > V7  

V7                                   
  V8                                   
  V85    

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.