It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Server Requirements...

Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k10284270) | asked May 07 '10, 2:54 p.m.
Hello,

I was looking at the system requirements for Insight:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=3695&context=SSRL5J&context=SSSTWP&q1=system%20requirements&uid=swg27015833&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en

However, I just want to be clear on what's needed.

We have 1-3 people who will be developing. We have a free server with 8GB memory and 4cores (tons of hard drive space) and we have a group that handles all database work on their own database servers.

What gets installed one what system?

2 answers

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered May 07 '10, 7:49 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can install everything on a single machine, or you can spread the components out across multiple machines. I would recommend reviewing the installation scenarios found here.

At a minimum, you need the Report Server component, and the XML Data Configuration tool installed on the reporting server. The rest depends in your preference.

Hope it helps,

permanent link
Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k10284270) | answered May 12 '10, 12:12 p.m.
Thanks for the feedback...

That chart took the simple options from the help and made it more difficult for us to understand. :-(

We have maintenance support, so we will contact them.

Thanks for the help though...

You can install everything on a single machine, or you can spread the components out across multiple machines. I would recommend reviewing the installation scenarios found here.

At a minimum, you need the Report Server component, and the XML Data Configuration tool installed on the reporting server. The rest depends in your preference.

Hope it helps,

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.