It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Mapping ClearQuest / Jazz RTC work items

Giuseppe Dell'Aera (161) | asked May 05 '10, 8:31 a.m.
Hi,

I'm using the ClearQuest Importer to migrate my ClearQuest activities to RTC work items.
In the .xml file I get from the CQ importer, I can see RTC State id's, but not their "name" so I do not know how to customize the file poperly.

Where can I find the correspondence between the id's and the "names" of the RTC Status?

*attribute sourceId="State" targetId="com.ibm.team.workitem.attribute.state"*

*value sourceId="Submitted" targetId="1"*

"Submitted" is my CQ status and "1" is for ... what status in RTC?

(same question for other fields like Resolution)

BR.

11 answers

permanent link
Gerry Cullen (4651) | answered Mar 13 '11, 8:30 p.m.
Thanks Lorelei! Those three links have already been constantly loaded in my browser while we've been working on the data mappings.

I had already read the information you mentioned regarding State/Resolution mapping. Our project was originally based on the Scrum template, and our original data mapping file only included the numbers (not the leading 's') for the id's, based on the information in that link. And, yes, our project has a mixture of state id's defined in our process spec. I obtained the "long format" of the id's from the Process Configuration Source page. I'm including the specific lines from our source where we took the id's from. I have them sorted by id# below, but they were in a different order in the source, scattered among other lines of XML:

<state group="open" icon="processattachment:/workflow/open.gif" id="s1" name="New" showResolution="false">

<state group="inprogress" icon="processattachment:/workflow/inprogress.gif" id="s2" name="Assigned" showResolution="false">
<state group="closed" icon="processattachment:/workflow/resolve.gif" id="s3" name="Fixed" showResolution="true">
<state group="open" icon="processattachment:/workflow/reopen.gif" id="s6" name="Reopened" showResolution="false">
<state group="closed" icon="processattachment:/workflow/close.gif" id="com.ibm.team.workitem.defectWorkflow.state.s7" name="Closed" showResolution="true">
<state group="open" icon="processattachment:/workflow/defer.gif" id="com.ibm.team.workitem.defectWorkflow.state.s8" name="Deferred" showResolution="false"/>
<state icon="processattachment:/workflow/duplicate.gif" id="com.ibm.team.workitem.defectWorkflow.state.s9" name="Duplicate" showResolution="false">
<state group="inprogress" icon="processattachment:/workflow/reiterate.gif" id="com.ibm.team.workitem.defectWorkflow.state.s10" name="NeedMoreInfo" showResolution="false">

Regarding the custom data mapping wizard - I'll enter an enhancement request with the information I have posted above. Hopefully that will be enough to give someone an idea of what I'm talking about. I think it would go a long way in convincing people to completely migrate to RTC, and greatly simplify the effort required when they have a lot of data they simply can't or don't want to leave behind when moving to the new tool.

Thanks again for your timely and informative responses!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.