It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Work Items links in Dashboards

Thaddee Bourque (61264) | asked May 04 '10, 3:37 p.m.
Hi,

We have our RTC instance hosted for both internal employees and external clients. Unfortunately, external clients are accessing RTC using a different URL and when they try to access a work item by clicking on a link within a Dashboard, they are being directed to the internal URL and therefore are unable to access the work item this way. I believe the same issue occurs with the email notifications. The external URL is not accessible by the internal employees so we are stuck in accessing this one instance via two different URL? Why are these links not relative to the URL being used by the individual user?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Thaddee

5 answers

permanent link
Adam Archer (83639) | answered May 05 '10, 1:10 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I just tried this on jazz.net and I'm unable to reproduce the problem. When I access a dashboard via jazz.net OR via our internal URL to it, the links all point at the appropriate address to keep me within the same domain. What version of RTC are you using?

About the email notifications being wrong. This is because there is no way to know which address should be used when generating links in emails. Since there is no incoming request, all we can do is pick an appropriate hostname so use for the link. Currently this is done by using the public uri root for the server as specified in the Admin UI for the server. It sounds like this isn't good enough for your purposes, but I'm not sure what could be done about this. You can find and set the public URI root by going to:

Admin > Server > Advanced Properties

Then look for the Public URI Root property in the com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.ServerDescriptionService section under Core Repository Component.

Adam Archer
Jazz Web UI Developer

permanent link
Thaddee Bourque (61264) | answered May 06 '10, 8:26 a.m.
I just tried this on jazz.net and I'm unable to reproduce the problem. When I access a dashboard via jazz.net OR via our internal URL to it, the links all point at the appropriate address to keep me within the same domain. What version of RTC are you using?

We are running RTC 2.0.0.2. We have our clients VPN'd into the network and accessing RTC using https://partnerconnect.b2b.pok.ibm.com but when clicking on a work item link within the dashboard, they are being directed to https://ratsuite48.sby.ibm.com which isn't accessible from outside our network.

About the email notifications being wrong. This is because there is no way to know which address should be used when generating links in emails. Since there is no incoming request, all we can do is pick an appropriate hostname so use for the link. Currently this is done by using the public uri root for the server as specified in the Admin UI for the server. It sounds like this isn't good enough for your purposes, but I'm not sure what could be done about this.

Thanks for the explanation. I'll advise the project team accordingly.

permanent link
Adam Archer (83639) | answered May 06 '10, 11:19 a.m.
Have you tried 2.0.0.2 iFix2?

It's possible that we could get a fix in for this in the 2.0.0.2 codebase. If you feel it's critical to have a solution to this before the 3.0 timeframe, please file a work item against 2.0.0.2.

Adam Archer
Jazz Web UI Developer

permanent link
Thaddee Bourque (61264) | answered May 06 '10, 1:38 p.m.
Have you tried 2.0.0.2 iFix2?

It's possible that we could get a fix in for this in the 2.0.0.2 codebase. If you feel it's critical to have a solution to this before the 3.0 timeframe, please file a work item against 2.0.0.2.

Adam Archer
Jazz Web UI Developer

What version of RTC is Jazz.net running where you do not see this issue occurring? Do we know which version specifically incorporates this fix?

Thanks,
Thaddee

permanent link
Adam Archer (83639) | answered May 06 '10, 1:57 p.m.
Jazz.net is running 3.0 M5. I'm not sure when exactly this was fixed, just that I can't reproduce it on our self hosting environment.

Adam Archer
Jazz Web UI Developer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.