It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to customize defect #s in RTC?

Basil Kanneth (213) | asked Apr 30 '10, 4:54 p.m.
Hi,

Is it possible to customize the actual defect # in RTC? By this, I mean, say if I were to create a new 'Defect'; once I enter all the info and click 'save', it creates a new defect #; eg Defect 8677. Instead of 8677, is there a way for me to tell RTC to create a # that I want? Also, is it possible to change the 8677 later on to something like 8677.1 ?

Thanks,
Basil

2 answers

permanent link
Patrick Streule (4.9k21) | answered May 01 '10, 4:10 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Is it possible to customize the actual defect # in RTC? By this, I
mean, say if I were to create a new 'Defect'; once I enter all the
info and click 'save', it creates a new defect #; eg Defect 8677.
Instead of 8677, is there a way for me to tell RTC to create a # that
I want? Also, is it possible to change the 8677 later on to something
like 8677.1 ?

Currently, this is not possible.

--
Regards,
Patrick
Jazz Work Item Team

Comments
Prasad Mandre commented Feb 21 '13, 8:11 a.m.

Is it possible to customize the actual defect # in RTC 3.0.1.1 now ?

permanent link
wolfgang steindl (2061011) | answered Feb 21 '13, 9:41 a.m.
No. And it is also not possible in 4.x.

But what about to create a custom field? Initially you can set the value from the work item id and if you want a different value you can modify this!

Comments
Prasad Mandre commented Feb 21 '13, 10:01 a.m.

Yes , this is possible. But I wanted to generate Defect ID from scratch for our nre project but in process of testing configuration I had to create many defects. Now i cant delete those work items also and they are showing up in reports. Is there any way to reset Defect ID no?

wolfgang steindl commented Feb 21 '13, 10:55 a.m.

Not sure what you want to achieve. Do you want to delete the work items so that they do not show up in reports?

However, consider the WI id as a unique key for the DB and it has no business meaning for you. If you need a field that hast a busniess meaning to you you should go for the custom field.

wolfgang

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.