It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Help with LDAP

Joyce Abbott (1111) | asked Apr 29 '10, 10:36 a.m.
I need technical help with our RTC installation, trial version 2.0.0.2 iFix 2. It is installed on a Windows 2008 server sp2. Our installation consists of an Apache, Tomcat engine and a Derby database. I am a real newbie to the web environment so any advice would be welcome. My problem is with the LDAP configuration. During the Jazz setup, on Step 5 where LDAP is configured, the connection is successful. However, the only the login that works is the initial Jazz Administrator password that you supply during configuration. Oh, and I have setup a project and added users, just in case that was the issue.

2 answers

permanent link
Gail Burati (611) | answered May 04 '10, 2:25 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Moving from the Social Networking and Document Collaboration-specific forum so that it will be seen by the correct audience.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 05 '10, 3:38 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Please see http://jazz.net/library/article/398 for advanced reading.

In general your users need to be in certain groups e.g. jazz Users in LDAP that map to their groups in RTC.
You may also have to review the TOMCAT server.xml to connect tomcat to LDAP.

Ralph

I need technical help with our RTC installation, trial version 2.0.0.2 iFix 2. It is installed on a Windows 2008 server sp2. Our installation consists of an Apache, Tomcat engine and a Derby database. I am a real newbie to the web environment so any advice would be welcome. My problem is with the LDAP configuration. During the Jazz setup, on Step 5 where LDAP is configured, the connection is successful. However, the only the login that works is the initial Jazz Administrator password that you supply during configuration. Oh, and I have setup a project and added users, just in case that was the issue.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.